Sign in to follow this  
ibeehappy2

Platform Pro Developer

ibeehappy2

Hi there, was just about to purchase the developer version of Platform Pro but reading LOTS of problems on the forum. Is it best to wait prior to purchase, or are these bugs being corrected?

cmunns

Many bugs are server side (not running PHP5) also keep in mind that moving from older themes will require some changes since features and boxes are now handled with custom post types and will have to be recreated, but there isn't a way around it and the benefit will outweigh the cost...that is part of the forum threads being posted.

ibeehappy2

Thanks Adam, so I should be good then? I will be using Platform Pro on a new project, with no current WordPress running at all on this site. I am running some of your themes on other sites of mine, but my need for Platform Pro is NOT to move from an older theme :)

ibeehappy2

One more question. How easy is it to customize colors, background colors, background images, etc.? Personally I prefer the black/white/gray minimalism look in design as you have on the demo. However, I may need to to add background colors, change the colors, add background images etc...Is that easily customizable in your new theme Platform Pro?

ibeehappy2

Ooops. One more questions on Platform Pro before I purchase: I am re-doing this entire site : http://www.johimadesigns.ca and moving it to a full WordPress site, so there has not been an existing WordPress site before. Question, I am going to then lose the "www." correct? If so, I will lose all of the SEO as well? I have never done page re-directs or whatever you call it. Some of the SEO can go anyway, but there is some that I do not want to lose. What is the right way to set things up when I set up my database and Platform Pro to lose as little as possible when I re-design the site?

woodsysa

My server has been checked as php5 compatible. I purchased this site just a few hours ago. Now I have a white website and a large black footer with the pagelines logo!! No header no content - everytime you move the template you lose what you move. I've just thrown in the bin two days of work I had done on a StudioPress Genesis framework theme. Cmunns

the benefit will outweigh the cost
No benefits and you've cost me lots of work and rework not to mention my time. I do not believe that this version is commercially ready. Too many excuses from Pagelines on it being our problem. It's Pageline's problem. I've posted on another thread and sent a feedback form and at the end of the day this theme does not work and I want a full refund through paypal within 24 hours please guys. I have an urgent project and you've set me back days. I've lost design work and plugin configurations that took me hours - the other day I worked right through till 6.30am and now it's all gone! Please contact me urgently - delete my account and forum posts as you may I just want to fix my site which is now trashed and get my money back into my bank account!

ibeehappy2

Dear SW. Why are you posting your complaints on my page? Please re-post to Pagelines directly, not on my support request. I do agree with you, don't think this is commercially ready. I just installed it and got a fatal error and it wiped everything out, cannot access the admin section of the blog at all. Luckily I am OK, as I was just trying it out before I design an entire site on it, put it on a site where there was not a full active WordPress blog. I think Pagelines will sort it out very quickly, as I am very happy with the other themes I own.

yamcllc

Hello ibeehappy2 and S W The errors with the Platformpro are a pain but actually can be easily solved - and you won't lose any of the work you already did. For one - if you are trying to use the platformbase you have to re-name the folder platformpro in the themes directory to PlatformPro (capitalize the 'P's). Second - for the drag and drop functionality to work you need to give 'write' permission to the web user on the platformbase and PlatformPro directories and sub directories. Probably not all directories need the 'write' permission but I didn't bother to find out exactly which folder needs it. I just changed the permissions on all of them and it started to work.

woodsysa

That maybe so but a product as great as this was made out to be should not have been put to market in this state. It's cost me so much time and lost work as have others. I have no confidence in them, irrespective of how wonderful the previous themes are/were. I'm not interested in the other themes. I bought into the promotion of this product. Their support is not as I've come to expect at StudioPress which is second to none and I'm not prepared to waste a single second more on this product now or in the future. No confidence, no respect, dreadful custom support where random posts are being answered badly by the owners and I stand on my request for a full and immediate refund. 9-5 Monday to Friday is archaic. Lots to learn guys! Hope you had a great time in Vegas! Refund awaited.

ibeehappy2

SW: Please direct your complaints not to me and my thread request for support. I have nothing to do with this at all, I'm just a customer too. Please start your own thread in the forum and post your complaints there.

ibeehappy2

Hey Adam, can you please answer the questions in my stream, thanks! Also wondering why someone else is posting so many complaints on my thread? Is there a way to prevent this in future?

cmunns

ibeehappy2 I apologize for the thread jacking...and I want to thank you for your patience and confidence in us. PlatformPro ships with a BASE child theme which can be used for customizing all your CSS and will keep you safe when platform gets updated. There is also a download button for all your feature settings so when you want to transfer you don't have to redo all the options. Does this answer your question?

ibeehappy2

Thanks Adam, learned a new term "thread jacking" ... yeah, not OK. We have to stay positive here, and there are always glitches with new launches of anything. I know you guys always work to find the best solution, and correct things ASAP. Did it answer my question? To be honest, this theme is more complex than the rest of them I own of yours. So to be clear, do I do this to install? 1. Install Platform Pro 2. AND, install the BASE theme as well? Sorry, confused, but EAGER to get going

onlinetracker

Yes, put both in the /themes/ folder, activate PlatformPro, then Base.

cmunns

You can use PlatformPro by itself if you choose, but we recommend using Base (which will only work with PlatformPro present) so upgrades will be more seamless.