Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motionltd

Quickslider with Thumbnail Nav?

motionltd

Hi guys, I'm looking for a way to show multiple images as thumbs below a main image within a post. Visually I would like it to be the first image as the main full width, then all the other images as thumbs below it, a bit like a feature slider with thumbnail nav. But I want to add the images from within a post. I can do this with Quickslider, but theres no way to see all the other images as thumbs underneath. Is there some css I can do? or is there a section or plugin out there I can buy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Rob

Ben,

I don't think Quick Slider is the best solution in this case. Instead, you need a slider that may be applied by shortcode that uses or pulls images from your choice of locations (post thumbs or manually selected). Have you seen Flowy?  http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/flowy/

Check this: http://www.wowslider.com/slider-jquery-elegant-linear-demo.html

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

motionltd

Hi Rob, that looks perfect for my needs! Thank you very much! Downloading now.

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd

Slight problem. I just tried to buy it in the Store section of my PL installation, got an error, I then downloaded it direct from the store and tried to upload the ZIP file in the Store section of PL, got an error saying 'no file selected', it definitely was! Then decompressed it and uploaded it direct into the sections folder via FTP. I could see it in my Sections list but it doesn't seem to be working anywhere. 

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd

Don't worry. Sorted it. There is folder inside the flawy ZIP called Sections, and you have to grab the folder out of that folder!

Ben

motionltd.com

Rob

Exactly!  Brilliant.  Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur