Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebastion

StarBars

thebastion

Hi all,

It may be something I am missing but been looking for a while.  I have added a starbar on a page with one bar and a main title.  However, there is a percentage marker that I don't seem able to turn off or have any control over that sits above the bar.  At the moment this sitting directly on the title of the starbar (or descriptor).

I have just increased the bottom margin of the title to compensate but as far as I can tell it looks like an oversight.

Stuart

Danny

Hi,

Can you take a screenshot of your settings please, so I can try to recreate the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Followed your settings and here is my result.

http://cl.ly/image/2U0d1c420r2K

So you have your option set to 40% but when its displaying 12% and is displayed over your StarBars title ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

thebastion
I'm not sure I took the settings for the right StarBar, but in essence, if your bar was at 12% your title would be covered.

Easy fix but just letting you know.

loiborg

I have the same problem. The marker is simply covering up the description. Furthermore the percentagemarker is placed before the number i.e. %50 instead of 50%.

30vj5hd.jpg

thebastion

Type 18% in the value, seems to work for me with regard the %18 issue.

As for the other issue, just add some margin to the area being covered, 25px did it for me until a fix is pushed through.

loiborg

thebastion Thanks! Unfortunately that doesn't work on my end - it still shows %18. I can't see where to add margin for the descriptors (perhaps some custom CSS?), but that wouldn't fit with the design on the rest of the site.

I thought of StarBars as one of the great things that came with the paid version, so it's kind of upsetting that it doesn't just work right out of the box.

• Similar Content

• dreamsight
      By dreamsight
      my first 2 values are much lower than the third and they obscure the descriptors. How can I either indent or center descriptors so they aren't covered?
       http://bigdatamedia.co.uk/
    • j powers
      By j powers+
      I may be missing something simple but why does the starbars feature not have a color setting. For those using it how are you setting the bars colors.

Thanks in advance 
    • dymond
      By dymond+
      So I'm using gravity forms to take entries on volunteers for an event. 

The goal is to have 200 volunteers in total for the event. 
      I've had some requests from clients to show a counter (maybe iBox - Counter) on the webpage, showing how many entries have been submitted and maybe a StarBars style part showing how close we are to the goal... Is there a native way to do this in DMS 2?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    • lucjaws
      By lucjaws
      Hello,
      First of all magnificent product. I am wondering how I can use the add-on section "StarBars" together with the metadata of a post.
      My posts allow thumbs up/down ratings, and it stores the number of ratings in the post's metadata. I want the starbar added to the bottom of the post to show the number of up/down votes as a percentage. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• rmaxsg
      By rmaxsg
      How can i change color of Starbars?  How can use custom CSS

CSS
      .my-black-bar {
      background-color: #ccc
      }

Styling Classes in Content area
      my-black-bar

Can someone help me. Thank you

:kfu: