Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bfrye26

Load more posts button in loop

bfrye26

Trying to sort out how to add the load more posts button to the frontpage of a DMS site. It does not seem to work the standard wordpress methods. Are there more ways this can be added into a site? 

Would this be easier with a widget or something? I would love all help

Danny

Hi,

What do you mean by load more posts button, do you when you click it, more posts load automatically ? If so, this isn't as far as I am aware a Wordpress feature and is related to the actual theme or a plugin.

However, if you're referring to the < Previous Posts - Newer Posts > links, then these should appear automatically when you have enough posts.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bfrye26

The thing I am trying to do is set it up with Infinite Scroll plugin. It was possible though Pagelines with these settings :

content Selector: #postloop
item Selector: #postloop .copy-pad article
nav Selector: #pagination
next item Selector: #pagination .copy-pad .page-nav-default .previous-entries a:first

but does not seem to work with DMS, any help getting it to work would be amazing

Rob

There will be a number of plugins that worked with Framework that don't in DMS.  Unfortunately, the process of moving them forward is time consuming.

Please add it to this list so that our developers can go through all of them in the fullness of time:  http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28827-dms-plugin-compatibility-check-list/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rekrekrek

Hello, 

I've got the same issue, in the Faithfull theme. 

On my blog page, only the first 10 posts seem to appear, there's no previous or next arrows, or pagination that allows me to see the rest of my posts ... any clue ? 

Thanks !

James B

Hi Rekrekrek

Have you added the post pagination or post nav sections into your postloop, these are drag and drop sections in DMS - http://screencast.com/t/hCwwo3it

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bfrye26

James B"] @[member="rekrekrek This was more at looking at ways to implement the Infinite scroll plugin for wordpress. It also is available in Jetpack although implementing it seems to be hard with DMS.

Danny thanks for the help. I have reported it in the incompatible section and hopefully it can be fixed at a future date

Rob

Hi.

Some plugins just don't work in DMS.  It's unfortunate, but there's not much we can do about it.  Infinite Scroll uses jQuery, as does DMS.  So it's very likely there's just a conflict.

Many apologies, but it's up to their developer to upgrade to meet our standard -- that of the most advanced technology -- rather than us moving backwards.  I'm sure you understand!

Ask their developers to upgrade.  They might just do it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur