Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rarpia

Flipper for certain posts

rarpia

I want to creat a section with a Flipper that shows selected posts. I understand this is done with the META KEY and META KEY VALUE but I couldn't figure it out. Can someone please explain? Thanks!!!

Danny

Hi,

Basically, when creating or editing your post goto the Custom Fields section and enter some details. For example:

1. Goto the Custom Fields section within your posts and click the Enter New

2. Enter any value, for example Fruit

3. In the Value field, enter another value again this can be anything, but you probably want to add something that is related to the posts, for my example, I will enter the value as Orange

4. Now goto the Flipper options and in the Meta Key field enter the Name Fruit and in the Meta Key Value field enter Orange.

5. Do this for all the posts you want to be listed in the Flipper section.

6. When you publish your changes and refresh, your Flipper section should be populated with only the posts, which have the custom field values entered.

However, in an upcoming update, you will be able to use both the Meta Key values and choose from categories too.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rarpia

Hi Danny,
Thank you for the info! It's pretty straight forward and I tried it but couldn't make it work :(

Danny

The steps I provided do indeed work, as I tried it myself before posting the instructions. Are you sure you followed them completely?

Can you take screenshots of each of your posts and of your Flipper settings and provide a link to the site in question please.

The Humanzee

rarpia

i was having the same problem as you and i figured out the solution (with help from danny on this post). the only part of this problem that danny didnt address is where to find the "custom fields" for your individual post or page. this is pretty simple to overlook but here is what you need to do. 

1. go to the post or page you wish to include in flipper

2. click "Edit Page" at the top of your page/post.  this will take you to the backend of your page in wordpress.

3. click the "screen options" drop down (right underneath of where it says "howdy")

4. put a checkmark in the box marked "custom fields" 

5. scroll down and "custom fields" should now be available. 

6. follow danny's directions above. 

hope this helps you out human. 

-the chimp clone

Danny

Thanks Chimp for sharing.

werbeagenten_hd

Is there a solution to do this without custom fields but via Categories or taxonomies created by the "Custom Post Type UI" plugin?

Danny

werbeagenten_hd - Not sure what you mean, the category, post tag option is already a taxonomy option, so not entirely sure how you think you can select certain posts from your blog with that method ?