Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhrose

Custom code toolbar...

dhrose

In dms the "custom code" section on the interface toolbar... adding css or less code in there, does that apply to the page (I'm working on) locally or is that a global thing? And does that overide code put in the customize plugin? I see I can add classes in the "styling classes" area but would I be adding the css for those classes in the customize plugin (what I'm currently using) or could I just add it to the "custom code" box on the interface...

Thanks! 

Danny

Hi,

CSS/LESS CSS will be applied to globalyl to the class you have customized or created, its just standard CSS/LESS. If you wish to customize a specific page, you will need to prefix your custom code with the page iD.

You can find the page id in the body class for the page you viewing.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dhrose

Hmmm... O.K., my question was more about what's the best use of the custom code function on the dms toolbar? Is that more for using less css than adding custom css to the site? Or for creating custom classes on the fly?

Thanks...

dhrose

...and a couple of dumb questions that I should know but I may have forgotten:

1. If I want a page to be named it's real "page name" in wordpress do I just type that in in the page permalink? and if so can I still find the page id later?

2. In dms, I'm loading images "again" that I know are in the media library... is that going to be fixed in dms or is that something that I'm doing wrong and there is a way to use the media library?

Thanks!

Rob

Hi,

The Custom Code option in the toolbar is for either CSS or LESS.  Either work there.

1.  When you add the title to a page, that's auto-added to the permalink depending on the permalink structure you've selected.  See Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks for your choices.  There are others available via WP.org.   When you edit the page, and look in the location bar or URL in the edit mode, you'll see the numeric value of the page, which is only displayed there, and not necessarily in the permalink.   The code Danny suggested was to prefix any CSS code with something like .page-id-99 (99 replaced with your page number). Then you can add after that, things like #header {background: red;}.

2. I'm going to ask you to report a bug on that issue at https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues?state=open  (click the New Issue on the right).  I don't know if sign up is needed there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dhrose

So, is there a way to upload from the media library in dms?

Danny

Media Library selection isn't possible at the moment, but is going to be available in an update. In the meantime, you could upload your image to your media library and then copy and paste the images URL into image field in DMS.

dhrose

Er, yea I keep forgetting that wp-admin is at the front of dms... and the library is around the corner. Ha!

I have a Mamp question though... I was wondering what's the difference between Xamp and Mamp? I tried loading Xamp but never could get it configured properly. Loaded Mamp and it seems to be working with WP 3.6. Can I use my dms basic license on this local mamp version? Or just the free basic... And I hate to even think about it, but moving from the local version, is that something that's possible with the duplicator plugin I read about? I've had some really unpleasant experiences trying to move a wp site.

Thanks!  

Danny
I only use MAMP, so I can't tell you the difference between them apart from MAMP is strictly for OSX, whereas XAMPP isn't. In regards to moving site from local to live, I would do is get Wordpress up and running on your live server. Then export both your Wordpress content via the exporter and DMS settings via the exporter and import on your live server. You could also follow the instructions on this article here - http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress