This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Left & Right Vertical Navigation

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any suggestions on creating a left side and right side vertical navigation menu similar to what is seen on a mobile phone?  

By default, there is a right side vertical navigation menu on a mobile phone.  I want to create a left side one also - and they can both appear as mobile menus on the desktop site.

Okay, if you add sidebars on either side of the content area, you can get this done easily.

1. Add two different named, saved menus in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. Call one left-menu, the other right-menu, so you know which is which.  Add your menu items and save each.

2. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and add the Custom Menus widget to the left sidebar. When you do, you can select the left-menu from the drop down list.  Save and close.

Next, add the same Custom Menus widget to your right sidebar and select the right-menu from the drop down list.  Save and close. 

3.  Use Firebug for Firefox to examine your custom menus and test custom styling for it.  Copy the customized CSS to your Custom Code area and you've styled your two menus.

Thank you!  Just one question, using the Feature Template, how do I add sidebars on either side of content area?  I see a section called Primary Sidebar, but don't think that is going to allow a second sidebar.

• Similar Content

• How centger navigation in DMS?
      By jeomiland+
      Have searched in the topics for "How to center top navigation" and see Simon's CSS solution from back in 2012, but that didn't work for me. Anyone know how to center top navigation in DMS 2.2? Used Navi in Fixed area, (added Navbar under Navi to experiment, but that may be removed soon.)
    • DMS 2 Navbar menu repeats in hamburger mode
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please? 

• More than 2 Mobile Menus
      By mistrmint+
      Is it possible to include more than 2 mobile menu's on the site?
      I am using 4 menu's but in mobile only the first 2 are clickable.
      Menu 4 is on a standalone page. If I click the menu on this page, the primary 2 menu's appear.
      i.e. Menu 4 is not clickable.

• Header formatting
      By richardjacruz+
      I saw this website build with PageLines DMS:
      I want to have a header that's VERY similar. However, with the fixed area, I'm struggling with how to do that. 
      I want to have a "super menu" under one of the tabs, and drop downs for others, a larger logo to the left like this, a search all the way to the right, and a call-to-action at the top like we see with "Donate" (I want "Request a Quote").
      What area (fixed or header) is best to use for this, and, within that area, what are the best sections to place?
    • Mobile Navigation When Not on Mobile
      By jagipson+
      I was curious if theres a way to make a nav like this website?
      We want to make a mobile nav but be our main nav even when your not on a mobile device. Can we do this with Pagelines or is there a plugin we need? Suggestions?