Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lansakab

Recommendations for multilingual site?

lansakab

Hi,

Starting to loose the gray hairs :notfair:   that some company (won't tell you who)  gave me.

Looking for multilingual plugin that is compatible with DMS, no crap, no bugs. Just a smooth working and stable plugin.

What are Your experiences, what would You recommend and why?

Please share your thoughts.

Cheers

Rob

I presume you mean a dynamic translation plugin.  I've used Transposh successfully with PageLines Framework, but haven't tested it with DMS.  There are many third-party translators today.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

lansakab

Not sure Rob,

Honestly I don't know the proper name :(  but what I'm looking for is to make my site in different languages.

On frontpage some should be able to click on a flag (or automaticly get directed to language from their country) to make the site in requested language.

I'm trying WPML and everything seems nice, good options and flexible but something is not as it should be.

Could be me, my retard comp or the mix of WP-WPML-DMS. Guessing the latest.

If anyone have a good experience with DMS-WP-multilingual (dynamic translation) please give me some notes here.

Cheers

Rob

Well, most translation systems will only convert your content, not the actual template (DMS or WP).  You need to do that usually via a language file. Presently, our translation center is down.

This may be of some help: http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/translating-dms

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• mrhinsh
      By mrhinsh+
      I am trying to get WPML working on my Pagelines instance. I am interested in getting help from anyone that has tried, especially @claudedagenais who seams to have it working.
      My issues are:
      How to translate header and footer How to get the menu to show all nav even if not translated How to get non-translated posts /pages to show up when only in default language - true for Masonry, Newsfront, and other list showing items... I have zero skills in PHP and its my site for my company. 
      note: Multi-lingual is a business decision and is required. I have vetted all of the multi-lingual options and the only one fit for purpose is WPML. 
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      What's the best way to have multilingual in pl5, any plugin that stands out from the rest and is logical for the pl5-workflow?
    • dbarrera
      By dbarrera
      Website URL: barreralawfirm.com/beta/
      Framework Version: Just updated today. 
      WordPress Version: Most recent
      Plugins in Use: WPML,  Formcraft, Jetpack, SEO Ultimate
      Server/Host: Siteground
      Screenshots:
      Details: Below

I am currently developing a website with both English and Spanish text. Dependent on the language selected via the fixed nav, the site will pull different code/text. Is there a way to run php in a textbox within the header or global scope? There is one section that needs to conform to that. I have checked the string translations and it isn't showing up to be manageable through that. I have also tried a <?php if(ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE=='en'): ?> statement to get it to switch manually but the code won't run.

Is there a better way to get this content to translate when on a different language?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.