Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith Vaugh

Pagelines Theme issue after site transfer

Keith Vaugh

Hi Folks

I moved a site from a development folder into the root folder over the past few days. An number of errors are emerging that seem to be theme relates (but I could be wrong). Nonetheless I need to track down and fix these, therefore would appreciate it if some might direct me to where I need to look. 

The development environment was locate in a folder called BHSclone i.e. www.belmonthousestud.com/BHSclone/.....
The site was moved back to the root folder (by the host)

Looking at the logs being provided by Better WP Security these are the errors that problems that are appearing:

URI: /BHSclone/wp-content/themes/pagelines/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=3.0.1

URI: /BHSclone/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/features/images/black-linen.png

URI: /BHSclone/wp-content/themes/pagelines/images/[email protected]

URI: /BHSclone/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/features/images/feature-thumb-overlay.png

URI: /BHSclone/wp-content/themes/pagelines/images/[email protected]

I would appreciate some advice on sorting these issues. 

Rob

Did you go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks, and save without changing anything?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Keith Vaugh

Hi Rob

The host performed the transfer for me. 

I did pop in and check the above in the settings - I clicked save after looking just incase it was that simple.

Keith

Keith Vaugh

Did a quick check and don't think this is the fix. The icon font is still pointing into the BHSclone/wp-cont.... directory. 

Rob

Did it work?

Rob

It must be hardcoded then Keith.  Can you check the links?  Not the permalinks.   The actual links themselves to see if they're coded to a particular path.

Keith Vaugh

Don't think so.

Keith Vaugh

I guess the checking the links is where I'm having difficulty. When I use inspect element on the icon, I can see it still points into the BHSclone... directory. As a temporary fix for this problem I recreated fonts directory in the BHSclone folder... 

Not sure where to look or change the URL's 

Keith Vaugh

Did some further digging on this and think I might have sorted it. The CSS file contained the old URL location i.e. www.belmonthousestud.com/BHSclone/wp-content....

I simply edited this CSS file removing the BHSclone part of the URL and it seems to have sorted the issue. It should be noted that I have Pagelines Customize installed for anyone in the future who maybe referring to this thread. 

I'll leave the thread open for moment incase anyone wants to add or make a suggestion. 

Thanks

Rob

I said it was hard coded!  We old guys aren't that bad...:D

Glad to hear you fixed it.