Sign in to follow this  
scottimpactyourcompanycom

PLEASE HELP - ACCESS PROBLEM!

I use the iBlog theme for a site I've been working on for about 5 months now. This last Monday, I asked about altering some wording for a password protected page (specifically, changing the wording from "This post is password protected." to "This page is password protected, etc, etc.") Bryan suggested that look at instructions from an off-site person who advised adding a block of code into the functions.php page. Within the wordpress editor, I added the block of code to the functions.php. I noticed immediately that Wordpress didn't like what I had done via an error message at the top of the screen (on the Wordpress dashboard). I then delete the code out that I had just added to the functions.php file and saved. However, it obviously didn't clear it. As of now, when trying to access the Wordpress site (http://www.blazemarketinginc.com/wp-login), it gives five lines of error message and I cannot access the site to make changes. The external site is up and I've backed up all the files I can, but I need a way to fix this problem. I have no idea how easy or difficult it's going to be! I'd be willing to do anything to fix it. The Wordpress account is hosted through Godaddy and they've already told me they can't help. One thought I've had as a solution might be to replace the functions.php file (that may be corrupted?) with a clean one from another site where I also use the iBlog theme (can you just replace a corrupted one with a clean one? And if so, will it fix the problem?) Then again, there may be a solution that I have no idea about. I appreciate any help (or direction) you could share on this!!! Scott

By the way, I don't fault Bryan for helping me with this...I probably added the code in wrong or something. I don't care now about fixing the wording issue...I just need to access the site!

Kim? There was no message left..

ravn

nope there error comes first when you try to logon the u get 2 erros. I guess you some plugins try go backward and deactivate one at the time if u can rememeber what plugin u put in last and if u still cant get into the admin panel then jsut remove one plugin at the time via ftp remember last in firs out and i think you got 2 errors left this some will happen are if u delete a plugin this way wordpress jumps over it and cont loading

This does not work. I deleted each of 6 plug-ins one at a time, each time trying to access the admin panel. It continues to give me the same six line error message. I am included below so all can see. Someone in the Wordpress forum suggested that I try a refreshed functions.php file to replace the one there. ----------------------------------------------- Error message at admin panel- Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-content/themes/iBlogPro/functions.php:14) in /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-login.php on line 337 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-content/themes/iBlogPro/functions.php:14) in /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-login.php on line 349 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-content/themes/iBlogPro/functions.php:14) in /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 690 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-content/themes/iBlogPro/functions.php:14) in /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 691 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-content/themes/iBlogPro/functions.php:14) in /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 692 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-content/themes/iBlogPro/functions.php:14) in /home/content/m/a/r/marketingxlr/html/blaze/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890

ravn

hmm the only thing function.php does are to call the core in the template so it will maby help to replace that one this u can do for a short while are to delete the template and put it in again when you are indside the admin panel becurse then wordpress take the standard template i think take backup of template before doin it and take a backup of u database also

you are right. While I was following the steps, another person (Wordpress forum) suggested that I replace the existing functions.php file with a fresh one. So I did it and it works GREAT!! Thanks for your help, Kim!!