Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pazyluz

Leave old site in framework, and start new site in DMS

pazyluz

Hi gang, I see that in order to use DMS, I would have to rebuild my site, which has a ton of cusomizations that I only managed through the live support of the friendly pagelines staff.  However now there is no live support and I read this about CSS when switchng to DMS:

"Whilst developing PageLines DMS, it is very difficult to prevent some CSS changes from occurring. This means that you may need to review your custom CSS and make some adjustments where required, to correct your custom CSS rules and align them with the new elements inside Pagelines DMS."

Well, gee, I think I'll just leave my site as is and build my next site in DMS.  SO I'd like to just leave that site in Framework which is what I bought and paid for from pagelines, not DMS.  I will happily start building my next site in DMS. How and where do I proceed in order to do both? Please.

Pazyluz

batman

Hi Pazyluz

I´m in the same situation, so first i began to read this

http://docs.pagelines.com/

and now i'm rebuilding my site in a web test, I'm doing a lot of improvements but I have a lot of things to learn yet.

:geek: 

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

pazyluz

Batman, et al,

Let me explain:

1. I do not wish to migrate my old site to DMS and risk messing up the css; I'm fine with leaving that site in Framework. 

2. How do I start a brand new site without changing the old one over to DMS?  The new site will be something different although it will be linked to the old site which I'd like to have show up as a page on the new one.   

3. Where do I begin? I've already been through these docs: http://docs.pagelines.com/

Thank you

pazyluz

batman

Hi again

I did´t migrate my web.

I think the best way, I do it, would be to create a new site or a subdomain.

You can built this new site in this and activate DMS.

You will see vast differences, but as you go through the docs, and make changes.

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...