Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Deignan

Wordpress Multisite

Bill Deignan

Does DMS work on Wordpress Multisite. I have 6 sites networked, which worked fine under Pagelines, and I was able to"network install" DMS with no problem. However, when I activated DMS on one of the sites, it activates, but none of the editing buttons like 

"Account" will respond. It's all frozen. Therefore I can't add my license key.    Also, I'm getting this error on the dashboard:

Install Error!

PageLines DMS must be installed in a folder called 'dms' to work with child themes and extensions.

Current path: /hermes/waloraweb049/b1711/as.militanthippo/wp-content/themes/DMS-Dev

mrhinsh

bill You need to change the folder that DMS is installed to from "themes/DMS-Dev" to "themes\DMS"

I had the same issue...

batman

Hi there

The right folder is

theme / dms

with lowercase

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Bill Deignan

Thanks batman and mrhinsh! This method seems to work on single sites. BUT, I also have a network of sites that are set ups as Wordpress

Multi-site. Using the Pagelines framework, this works, but DMS doesn't seem to work on multi-site. None of the editing buttons are responsive.

So if anyone at Pagelines is watching this, I need DMS-Dev to work on WP multisite please. 

Rob

DMS does work in Multisite, but you require a developer's license.  I'm not in billing, so don't know which you have. However, without a specific developer's license, you can't use Multisite.  With it, you can. See http://www.pagelines.com/pricing to see the license comparisons.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Bill Deignan

DMS does work in Multisite, but you require a developer's license.  I'm not in billing, so don't know which you have. However, without a specific developer's license, you can't use Multisite.  With it, you can. See http://www.pagelines.com/pricing to see the license comparisons.

Rob, yes I have Dev license. I network installed DMS, and network enable DMS on all 6 sites on the network (multisites). I also have Pagelines enabled and "activated on all but one. On one of the sitesI  "activated" DMS. When I open the site, I see that DMS is installed,  but none of the buttons are functional, and it didn't prompt me to add the license key. On the flip side, I did install DMS on another site that is a standalone (non multisite. DMS opened just fine, and allowed me to add the license key. It worked fine and I was able to redesign the site with "relative ease". However, I was disappointed that I didn't to learn that some of the sections I recently purchased are not available to me in DMS. Feels like I wasted my money on those. Anyway, I have to get this multisite thing figured out soon. 

brookdalecenter

How do you change the folder that dms is installed to??? I am getting the same Install Error message! Please help

Simon

You will need to use FTP/sFTP to rename a folder on the server.

Either that or delete the theme with the wrong folder then reupload it with a fresh zip so its in the right folder.