Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psiencesociety

For the coding impared

psiencesociety

This may just be me.....

I am a questionable transplant from platform/pagelines and by no means a coder. I was able to make an acceptable page(s) for personal business and .org. If I wanted to do something fancy (by my standards mind you ;) I would haunt forums, ask, get code, insert and be done. But it by no means was necessary. Platform/Pagelines was nice and easy like that.

After struggling here with DMS, I am unsure moving forward and could use some input.

It seems that (so far) it is more of a "Drag and Drop" shell, and coding is required to get it to really even look good/acceptable (again, my experience so far) since things like slider, masthead and the like are all super basic with no adjustable options to pictures, font, and so forth. It all seems to require coding.

So I guess what I am curious about is should DMS be left to the coders and Platform/Paglines to the coding impaired? Or is it that DMS IS/WILL be comparatively easy and they are just working out the bugs?

thanks all

Rob

Hi,

Actually, DMS is even easier than Framework, but like anything else, if you want to really customize it, you have to do some minor coding.  All of it's detailed in our docs at http://docs.pagelines.com.

That said, when you drag a section to the screen, there are options there -- settings under the toolbar, that let you do all sorts of wonderful things to customize.

Most customizations are pretty easy, and many examples of code are provided in the docs.   There are no bugs, but since it's so new, we're still building out, and 3rd-party developers are as well, new sections to make it even easier, it will take time to fill the Shop with products.   These sections will simplify your ability to use it even more. Like a newborn, it needs to be fed, and it will grow.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur