Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bhowton

Custom Sidebars Plugin Conflict

bhowton

There is a conflict with the Custom Sidebars Plugin. I posted recently about issues with my site. After trying everything, I went through and deactivated all the plugins not up to date with Wordpress 3.6. Then I reactivated all the plugins one at a time that were not yet up to date. I discovered quite quickly that the recommended Custom Sidebars Plugin was to blame. Normally I wouldn't direct my frustration at the theme company when the issue is clearly from a plugin, but since this was recommended as compatible, I'll make an exception. 

My site quite heavily depends on the Widgetizer feature. How do I use it now if I adding sidebars by modifying the core will void my warranty?

JaffaDave

I'm using the custom sidebar Plugin on 4 sites with DMS and no issues?

bhowton

That is a conundrum. I use three plugins with the Custom Sidebars Plugin:  Special Recent Posts Pro (which has also been recommended on these forums), WP Category Post List Widget, and Yet Another Related Posts Plugin. With all 4 plugins deactivated my site works fine. And it works fine with everything but the Custom Sidebars plugin activated. Only when I activate the CSP does the visual editor shut down.

The strange thing is that it shuts down in a predictable way. The header (made with a mediabox) disappears and the RapidTabs widget unfurls down the page. And the DMS editing bar at the bottom gets stuck a few cms up the page.

Maybe mine is a unique problem. If so, I beseech on all the great problem solvers of this forum to help me figure it out. Your help is needed.