Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaydubs12

iBox Centering with less than 4 "boxes"

jaydubs12

When creating an iBox with less than 4 "boxes", how can I center them on the page? In the given example below, I'm only using 1 box, but it forces the entire sections' boxes to the left? (Even when using 2 boxes as well) Unfortunately, I'm terrible with code, so I have the least bit idea how to solve the problem by way of CSS.

click

Based on the 12 column grid, if you have 1 ibox, set "number of columns for each box" to  12.  If you have 2 iboxes, set to 6, 3 iboxes set to 4, etc....  This should adjust the size of your iboxes to fill the section width.  

jaydubs12

Forgive me if I don't like your answer haha, but what if I don't want the item to be 12 columns wide?

Deep down, I really have to say I feel sorry for the developers of DMS. It's a practically impossible task to build something that's multi-use and can meet everyone's needs. And when some people (like me) don't get what we expected, we tend to unwarrantedly complain!

So, keep your chins up folks at DMS. It really is a great product, and though I/we may complain, it sure beats the heck out of building something from scratch! :)

Rob

@click  Thanks for being a courteous, helpful member of the community. I know you're not a member of the moderating team and were doing your best to help a fellow DMS user.

@jaydubs12  How did you know I have multiple chins?

As my Sicilian grandmother would say "Stop the kvetching already! Oy vey!".   :D

You may be ignoring the vast flexibility of the tools that click talked about.  The ability to position, resize and adjust the width of things like iBog with point and click. iBox is designed out of the box with 4 columns, but these options he kindly mentioned, give you the ability to set one to be wider or narrower than the other, hereto unavailable in Framework, where CSS would be needed, and often not work with Boxes.

You're right, we can't make everyone happy, but at least DMS did respond to the myriad of topics people brought up previously about Framework, trying to give solutions to common issues.

The 12 columns is a Twitter Bootstrap invention.  You can adjust the numbers, as long as you keep the whole context to a numeric value of 12.  This might help you understand the system a bit more:  http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/responsive-grid

I hope this helps, because I can't deal with more kvetching today! :)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur