Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrisleeforhawaii

Spacing problem in Firefox, IE, IOS but fine in Chrome

chrisleeforhawaii

I seem to be having a problem in other browsers besides Chrome that I can't resolve. The page (www.chrisleeforhawaii.com) loads fine, but in other browsers there appears to be extra space at the end of the header causing the header background image to repeat for about 10 pixels (the bright blue line that shows up under the nav bar.) It's possible it's the text sizing in the nav bar in the header that's sized differently between browsers, but the nav bar height I have set as an absolute. I can't seem to put my finger on it. Anyone have ideas?

Rob

Hi,

Go to the site in Chrome, logged in as admin. View the site.  Go to the second section... the one right below the header. On one side, probably the left, near the top of that section, when you mouse over, you'll see a little pencil.  Click it.

The editing options are there. Uncheck the options to repeat background image and background parallax if checked.

Your background is simply repeating.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chrisleeforhawaii

So I got the header section background to stop repeating down the page and only repeat horizontally (thanks!) however, the body section background image is now repeating as well, which it isn't supposed to. When I uncheck the repeat checkbox in the section tools it makes the background image disappear entirely, so instead I tried messing with the CSS to stop that section from repeating, but it seems to stop ALL sections from repeating. This the the piece of CSS I was trying to modify based on other comments on the forum:  

.pl-bg-repeat {

1. background-repeatrepeat;
}

I feel like I'm modifying the global parameters instead of specifically calling out the body background image only? Thanks so much for your help!