Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bhowton

RapidTabs Display Problem and No Header in Safari

bhowton

http://www.hairydogreview.com

I can't figure this one out. It only happens in Safari. The header loads then fades away and hides forever. And the RapidTabs widget unfolds down the sidebar like it's fighting for room to stretch. It's clear the two are not loading properly. But that's about as far as I can tell.

bhowton

UPDATE:  The problem occurs with all browsers now!

bhowton

I know the Pagelines staff is busy, but I can't believe there has been no response yet. I've struggled with this software for a week now trying to create a decent site. All along I've been able to restart my progress when something's failed. Now my site is stuck. I can't even pull up the DMS Bar. And this is after reinstalling WP and DMS! What's going on here?

bhowton

Even with all plugins inactive, the visual editor bar does not respond …

bhowton

I might as well continue this one-sided conversation.

After deleting some wonky looking .css and .js files from my wp-contents folder (perhaps a left over from my failed attempt to set up WP Supercache with CDN Sync Tool through Amazon S3, which may have been the cause of this mess), the header reappeared. However, the RapidTabs section is still encroaching down the page like an early American into the Indian Territories. Which is to say, the result isn't pretty. And the visual editor is of no help. It's laying low on the page observing the action above it—not quite inactive but not quite of any use. It responds to the mouse's movements, but doesn't rise and doesn't sink. It's stuck. Like the rest of the page.

http://tinypic.com/r/2dkiyk2/5

bhowton

Thanks for the suggestion. All I had in the scripts fallback was my google analytics code (which I'm now realizing is probably not where it should be). If there's anything else that needs to be change, I don't know about it. Also, I'm not sure where to find the Default Sample Page you mentioned in your fix.

thebastion

I meant the "My first post" type page/post but try makine a new page without any code involved in it and then visit it in the browser, see if that then enables the visial editor and then you might be able to clean it up from there.

Rob

Do you have posts in the site?  I don't see a postloop on that page, and don't see any posts, menus, navigation or anything.

It won't list popular posts or recent ones if there's no content.

Yes, custom CSS can mess this up, and so can some CDN services. 

Do you have a cache plugin activated? If so, clear the cache and deactivated it, as some of those can interrupt DMS. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bhowton

Mark this as resolved. After lots of hassle and migrating to a new server, I learned this issue was being caused by magic quotes in php.

Rob

Thanks for letting us know.  I'm very sorry for the long delay in response.  You were correct, we're swamped and your topic was lost in the mire.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur