This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DMS installed in the wrong folder.

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

we have purchased, downloaded and installed DMS-Dev version from the official DMSwebsite. We've installed DMS like theme as is indicate, but we always read this issue :

"it looks like you have DMS installed in the wrong folder.

DMS must be installed in wp-content/themes/dms/ and not wp-content/themes/DMS-Dev"

Do we need to rename the folder just "dms" even if we have the DMS-Dev version?

Another important thing is that we don't see the CSS's changes and we thought that the problem could be the one above.

Thank you.

Yes, rename the folder to dms.

Can you go into greater detail regarding your CSS changes issue please.

This also happend to me when installing PL for the first time.

I renamed the folder via FTP and then got this message in WP

"ERROR: The themes directory is either empty or doesn’t exist. Please check your installation."

Can you elaborate a little more about how we can fix this issue.

My recommendation is to delete the renamed folder, upload in its place a new installation from an unzipped version of (get it from our home page) and see if that works.

Once you upload it, make sure DMS is the activated theme.

• Similar Content

By oseehys+
      Hey Guys, i have been having some fun with PL5, on my test site, still learning and trying to master 3 sections a day, am happy the launch has been postponed its for the best lets master it as much as possible.
      But we still gat to eat with DMS for now, so my issue has been on how to reduce my pin pad size in pinspro, right now it display 3 in a row, like the default theme, but i want it to display 4 in a row, if i reduce my screen resolution to 90% it becomes 4 in a row, that is the perfect size, i cant see any css on the forum be able to reduce the size,  so guys please, please this is very important, i need the css to adjust the size, of all the css @Danny has provided on the forum i cant see anyone that focus on the size reduction except on hiding the bottom meta area, mine is just to reduce the size, checkout the images below, the image with 4 rows is the perfect size i crave to have, while the pinpad with 3 rows is what i currently need to change.
      Thanks Guys for your support all this while.
    • CSS Hero question
      By janpeeters+
      Hi all,
      I was totally excited to find out about 'CSS Hero' ( I read about it in the compatible plugins section of the PL5 docs ( For me it's a great way to more easily customize my sites because I'm not a CSS pro.
      I'm wondering about one thing though… Does anyone know if using this will result in a heavy penalty on page loading speeds? Would love to start using it but only if it doesn't cost too much in terms of speed.
      Thanks, Jan
    • WooCommerce Checkout page broken under DMS
      By nizami+
      Seem to have fallen foul of a DMS2/WooCommerce issue. 
      All pages display correctly save the WooCommerce Checkout page, which looks like this:
      Help massively appreciated as this is the last blocker before client site launch
    • Modal Popup Background
      By abuzzelli+
      I need the modal popup background to be solid and I can't get the css to work. Not sure what to do. Here's the page:
    • Background overlay z-index
      By dawsonbarber+
      I added a background image to a container that has a textbox in it, then added a background overlay.
      The overlay "overlaid" the textbox content as well as the container background image.
      Fixing it was simple enough: I reduced the z-index on .pl-bg-overlay to 0.