Sign in to follow this  
innovot

Embed page in a module

innovot

Coming from a Joomla background we were able to create a page and then reference it from within a module (widget).  Is that possible to do in DMS ?  At present have been using the Custom HTML widget but that is a bit limiting.

INNOVOT™ | Innovative Open Technology

Danny

Hi,

If I remember correctly from when I tried Joomla, you're referring to the wrapper option ? If so, that isn't a very good thing to use, if I remember correctly, it was using an <iFrame>, these are pretty bad and you really shouldn't use them.

There isn't anything similar in Wordpress or DMS. However, you could try this plugin, but I am not sure if it will cause any issues.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/iframe-wrapper/

Please search our forums, before posting!

innovot

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Perhaps I did not explain what we are looking for correctly.  If we add a two column layout to a template we would then like to show a particular page within each column.  I know we could use the TextBox component but when we had the site over to the client they will need to use the GUI editor to make small changes.  Basically we need to be able to show blocks of text and pictures, within split columns, by assigning either a post or a page to each column.  Is that possible ?

Thank you.

Danny

I apologise but I don't actually know what you're trying to.

Do you mean this:

You have a page lets say Awesome, and on the Awesome page, you want to display content from two other pages ?

If that is the case, I don't think that would be possible unfortunately. You could try searching the Wordpress plugin repository and see if there is a display pages shortcode or something similar. If there isn't you will most likely need to use custom code.

innovot

OK. That answers the question perfectly :)

jamieg270

I've used 'Post in page' plugin to do what you want. You can find it here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/posts-in-page/

With this you can display the content of a post (or page or any other custom post type) in another Post or Page using a shortcode.

This supports up to Wordpress 3.5.2, however... you could test it, often they still work they just haven't been tested.

Hope that helps.

Danny

Oohh Shiny, never knew this kind of plugin existed, thanks for sharing!