Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjrob114

Editing the Post Loop

jjrob114    1
jjrob114

Hey guys!

I need to figure out how to move the categories tag in the post loop to just above the post title heading.  However, I'm having a hard time locating the loop in DMS and figuring out how to edit it.  (I took a look at the postloop section, but I can't make sense of it for what I need)

Can someone help me out a bit?

I'm running the Academy Child Theme and Wordpress 3.6

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

What you can do is, instead of editing the loop, which would most likely cause an error, use a hook.

For more information on hooks see our documentation here - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

YOu will most likely want to use the pagelines_loop_before_post_content

Please search our forums, before posting!

jjrob114    1
jjrob114

Lol Thanks so much Danny!  I should have figured as much.  I think I can figure it out from here!

Rob    547
Rob

Excellent.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Previous webmaster has made short codes assigned to certain categories. For example: [pl_section section="loops" id="003"]  displays all the Job posts for tech. 
      But where can I assign a short code for a certain category? I can't find where to add the loop ID for the category.

Thank you

• yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi,
      I tried to make a simple change on my opt-in page today by reordering two sections.
      Now they won't save and whatever I do, the same 2 section will be stuck to the top.
      This is a huge problem since it is my opt-in page!
      http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      (I'm on the latest WP & PL version)
      Thanks.

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      I've created a new post category "Success stories" with Custom Post type UI. (in order to have a different layout for a different post category - blog post one layout, success stories another layout).
      New category "success stories" are "detached" from all the other posts, so they have a different layout, but the problem is that all of the success stories are also having the same exact content.
      So whenever I edit content (e.g. change body text) on one of success story posts, it also changes the content (body text) for all other Success story category posts. 

Question: Is there a way to retain this separate category with it's own layout, and have a different content for each individual post? I'm using Pagelins templates. 
       Thanks in advance.