Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pureandsimpleblog

Edit Date Format in Meta Bar

pureandsimpleblog    1
pureandsimpleblog

Hello -

I am currently building a test version of my site using DMS at test.pureandsimpleblog.com.

I am editing my post meta information as a block with javascript off to the site of each post. I currently have the date listed in this format: December 12, 2009. I would like it to be in this format: DEC 12.

Where do I enter the (M j) to format the date correctly?

Thank you!

Rob    547
Rob

That's a good question.  Normally, I'd suggest using Dashboard > Settings > General.  But not sure if you want that format globally.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pureandsimpleblog    1
pureandsimpleblog

So helpful thank you!!

Still trying to figure out if/how I can put the meta info in a block to the side of the entry titles instead of underneath them using CSS. Kind of like this:

by

AUTHOR

on

AUG

_____

Leave

Comment

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

The style that is used on the PageLines blog is will be available in an upcoming update. Doing this before the update would require a lot of CSS as it will probably cause havok with your responsive layout. I would recommend waiting for the upcoming update, there isn't an ETA at the moment.

If you're brave, you can download DMS from GitHub which is bleeding edge. However, please be aware we do not provide support for this version.

https://github.com/pagelines/DMS

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Samuel Costa - UDF
      By Samuel Costa - UDF+
      Hi. 
      I'm using Loops section on search pages and using default query object.
      But i cant sort in descendent order. Doens't work.

Another thing. How i use meta query object ? Can i give me a example?
      Tks.
    • Susan
      By Susan+
      Please tell me how to remove the date on hover from the Masonic section. The dummy for this page is here.
      An older post here showed the following for it (below) but it does not work (anymore?).
      #site .pl-center-cell .metabar { display: none; } Thank you.

• Dana
      By Dana+
      Hi DMS team,
      Please help out on how to add Post tags to the bottom of each post. Tried looking at the hooks tutorials but not sure what to do here.
      Thanks a lot.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I want to remove the 'this post was last edited by xxxxx at xxxxx date/time. 
      In going thru the Codex, this appears to be a theme setting? Is that correct? How do I remove it? 
      Thank you,
      Judith
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      In a number of the post plug ins there is a meta key/meta value area. The text says: Select only posts which have a certain meta key and a corresponding meta value. Useful for similar or featured posts. 
      Excellent! But where does one enter a meta key and meta value? And why do you need both? 
      Searching thru Pagelines answers didn't help..brought up an explanation of the toolbars or an error code. Strange. 
      Thanks!!