Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clodis

One moment attention please .

clodis

I do not want a controversy, but some constructive comments.
DMS is not launch among the best auspices.
PageLines 2.4 is a great tool and allows you to quickly create and manage a website.
DMS lacks many features, has a bad support, and have to write a lot of code for now, then it is more convenient to use a free framework or with more support and waste time, writing your code, or use another dms as Headway.
How customer lover of PageLines, I must admit, I am disappointed so far received the support of DMS and even to get paid a year with developer license.
Most of the time are volunteers and users like me who respond and together they try to respond to problems and malfunctions, I am part of the 300 but never came to me on irc activation, only that of Skype.
To get an answer on a paid theme I had to wait more than 4 days, not being able to use in the meantime.
Today, have installed  three sites with DMS, enabled with developer license, I have three different stock sections available, all at a one site appear to me, the other two are missing, the section purchased must install them manually via ftp, so you lose the functionality of the shop.

So in my opinion is a beautiful disaster, I'm not the only one to complain about these malfunctions, but don't I have still an official response, or an improvement we have seen until now.
I'm sorry but I'm losing trust in PageLines,
is  currently to not recommend to friends, I hope that soon you make anything, I hope so because otherwise you will lose many customers and developers, maybe you launch prematurely  DMS, and do not tell me, we just say you want to do and tell you how, DMS was presented as an improvement in a facility, but it's worse than that PageLines 2.4 , this one is a good product.

I hope to come soon some serious answers and calm, not superficial and generic.
I apologize for my English, I hope I explained myself, a cordial greeting to all.

lemonstripe

clodis I completely understand your frustrations and I feel the exact same way.  I too have spend lots of time in DMS and believe that it is not anywhere near as good of a product as the old pagelines framework.  

I have also received generic, smug comments from the moderators to my questions and concerns (see my topic thread here).  Oh and this one here...still not responded to.

Pagelines, you have prematurely launched a product that makes it HARDER to work with that your previous product and required WAY MORE coding than the pagelines framework...all totally contrary to your claims for the new DMS system.  And you are currently pissing on your current paying clients by saying in not so many words..."tough luck...read the docs"...I have read them...all of them...and several times.  

Oh, and you have taken away the awesome live chat feature that we used all the time and was super helpful...but still charging us a nice sum per month.  And I almost forgot to mention, you are also making us purchase the DMS compatible versions of the plugins again that we just purchased with the framework...awesome.

If a moderator gets around to reading this...it would be great for them to respond to my request at the end of the thread here.  

I am 24 hours away from canceling my pagelines membership and ditching the company completely unless they continue on with their pagelines framework product and continue to make it compatible to the wordpress updates for the foreseeable future until they get this DMS system to live up to their promises.  

JaffaDave

Why not keep using PL if you think DMS is too hard for you to use. They have already said they will keep supporting it. By the time they are ready to stop supporting it DMS will probably have all the bells and whistles, hook insert section you are looking for and then you can move on from there> Why would you abandon your system that works? I still use v5 Adobe illustrator here although its not supported any longer BUT it still works.

DMS works well -  the only issues I've had so far are due to me not understanding a feature, the forums and support have been excellent in answering my questions within hours of posting. What features/functions in particular are you struggling with? I've yet to read anything outlining  any specific problems you are facing? Maybe reverse your thinking and ask a specific question rather than keep posting where's my button that does everything posts.

Just a thought?

imagineutopia

where is the live chat though? 

that hardly even makes sense having it disappear on something we pay for.

I got a DMS bill that made little sense and I  don't have time to  untangle it all now anyway. I'm paying for something monthly but do not know what...

I'm hoping pagelines starts working like it  used to. I've got work to do.

JaffaDave

where is the live chat though? 

that hardly even makes sense having it disappear on something we pay for.

I got a DMS bill that made little sense and I  don't have time to  untangle it all now anyway. I'm paying for something monthly but do not know what...

I'm hoping pagelines starts working like it  used to. I've got work to do.

i'm sure they are working as fast as they can to get all the old functions up and running after the hack. They have to re-write the API's so its probably a huge job :)

kcmsports2

Pagelines marketed DMS as a time-cutting measure and for me it is not. I am now getting the hang of it and able to customize to where I want it.

I purchased Framework immediately after it was released just as I did with DMS, and it was easier to work with in it's beginning stages than DMS has been.  Although I am moving along, it's been far more brain-wraps than I had with Framework's early stages. Don't know if it's a bug, but it's annoying that I have to go through obstacles just to see my edits right away, despite the key marketing avenue being quick editing.

I can see the benefits as DMS already has my website looking more established, but the time consumed has been far greater than expected. Maybe it's just me being still a web designer on the fly. 

I will have to agree the moderators have been terrible in their professionalism towards everyone else. And it's discouraged me posting support issues, and forced me to figure it out on my own.

Just saying...

clodis

@Jaffa Dave Why do I get paid for DMS, and advertise a revolution, you respond with  the usual answers, it is not too difficult for me, but if I want to type much code, use another DMS maybe even free. Sure PageLines is good, but with DMS have deceived and there is support, the problems I've listed above, maybe you did not understand each other, such as the malfunction of the store, lacks many features compared to PageLines v2.4, we have work to do not waste time looking for solutions, otherwise we might as well start from scratch with the theme twenty eleven, if I buy DMS is why I make life more easy and fast, with PageLines and Headway  I get that, but that they promised with DMS, visit to see the video and the home page of DMS, I'm thinking of asking a refund.

clodis

lemonstripe quoto, I share your opinion.

lemonstripe

JaffaDave I understand that I can still use the old pagelines framework but my worry is if they stop supporting it and providing updates for the framework.  Why would I feel good about building my clients sites in a framework that has no support and no updates...I don't feel good about that.  And at the end of the day, if my clients site doesn't work then it falls on me, not pagelines.

And if they are having all these damn problems, got hacked (which truly does suck and I'm sorry for that), delayed plugin compatibility, etc why didn't they just delay the launch until they were completely ready.

Bottom line, I don't like how they have handled things.  My business model relies on the pagelines framework to make custom sites for my clients with little php coding.  I have yet to see a DMS site that has been built that looks custom and not a bunch of generic sections and buttons.  I am not a beginner and I take a lot of pride in my designs (www.saltedink.com, http://www.octavia-brown.com/, http://www.trasklandco.com/, http://lemonstripe.com/, which are just a few of the 20+ sites I have designed and built using the pagelines framework) and DMS just isn't cutting it for me.  Unless they keep the supporting the old framework (which I have yet to get an answer on) then I am canceling my membership and will be outsourcing my designs to be custom coded into themes, not this heavy DMS code that is terrible to work with.  

Not like pagelines would care to lose a paying loyal customer like myself considering how they respond (or not respond at all) to my many forum posts.  

imagineutopia

maybe someone had their soul hacked?

who knows how deep this goes.... the silence is deafening.

Rob

Every single issue rehashed in this topic has been posted time and time again in other topics and candidly, it's getting on my one nerve left.

This is nothing but a complaint festival and pointless. 

Live chat was impossible to manage moving forward.  Plus customers are phasing out of Plus if they've moved out to DMS, and if not, their accounts will be modified in their favor.   THAT IS the answer. There's not going to be further debate on that.

There are too many people this forum seeking help for real issues than for me or any moderator to have to deal with these complaints.  Be angry if you wish, but i'm closing this topic and locking it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur