Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaydubs12

DMS Toolbar gone

jaydubs12

I seem to be having an issue that has plagued any and all forward progress in building a website. I am beyond words frustrated right now because this is undoubtedly the most basic mistake that I just can't figure out. I've installed and ran DMS on Chrome on both my home computer and my work computer and on both machines I have no toolbar to edit my page. When I login to Wordpress wp-admin, and "view the page", I get the page, but no toolbar at the bottom. 

Am I missing something?

If I change the wordpress theme completely and then re-activate Pagelines as the theme, it will show the toolbar again. But every time I close my browser and re-open it, I get nothing.

Have I missed a step somewhere here?

jaydubs12

Self-resolved after much hacking away.

jaydubs12

Excuse me, I stand corrected. I once again logged off from my work computer and attempted to access the website from my home computer (both of which are up to date with Chrome) and AGAIN it will not work. 

Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

PLEASE HELP ME.

dsolano

I am feeling your pain... 

Rob

Likely, this is caused by a plugin that has become deprecated due to the recent WP update.  Even if you've not updated WP, there are background things Wordpress will push forward that can make plugins incompatible.

So, disable your plugins, especially any Framework plugins and see if that helps. If it does, and it should, reactivate them, one at a time, Check the site with each re-activation and clear the browser cache (hard refresh).

Then, when you find the culprit, replace it, but delete it.  Please report the problem plugin here: http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28827-dms-plugin-compatibility-check-list/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur