Flipper - displaying NextGen Pics - how?

6 posts in this topic

Again I need some help....

As I learned carousel = flipper, right?

In the "old" framework days I could choose between posts, flickr, nextgen and hooks in the carousel section.

Question: How do I integrate a nextgen pic in the DMS Flipper? Is there an option to do so?

I found the following note in the flipper setup box: "Tip

Use a plugin to create custom post types for use with Flipper."

But I do not really understand which plugin should I use? How it works. And how I can integrate the nextgen gallery pics.

Is there anybody out there who knows how to do?

I appreciate very much your help. Thanks :)

1 person likes this

Flipper isn't like the Carousel section from PageLines, its is a separate section and unfortunately you can't integrate Nextgen gallery images. The Flipper uses the Posts Feature thumbs.

Can't you just use the Nextgen gallery plugin, I thought it had a carousel shortcode ?

No problem.

The problem is that Nextgen does not work in DMS. The lightbox is not functioning. This effect: http://www.nextgen-gallery.com/help/shortcodes/#gallery cannot be done in dms. I have tested it. When you click an image it just opens a screen with that image.

No issue for when I did a quick test of Nextgen gallery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Flipper suggestion: DMS2 aspect ratio for fast switching from DMS2 to PL5
      By janpeeters+
      I would like to suggest the following… The new PL5 Flipper has different aspect ratio's then the previous DMS2 version. To facilitate fast switching/rebuilding from DMS2 to PL5 I would suggest adding a third aspect ratio option which is the same as DMS2. 
      Thanks, Jan
    • cannot instal Flipper 5.0.6
      By micstepl+
      cannot Inntal Flipper 5.0.6 neither,nor
      form Extensions SHOP tells me that directory already exists (dös not eckst) when looking by FTP access as direct download: cannot Inntal Flipper 5.0.6 download not starting just stuck
    • how to create the "Team" page with flipper?
      By g4br
      In the sample page has two links:
      and other members. I am unable to do this step by step with the flipper plugin.
      It has a help?
    • Hide Flipper Thumbnails?
      By frakture
      Hi there, wondering if there is a way to hide or turn off the flipper thumbnails, so all you have are the blog titles (and dates)? I've searched and haven't seen this question asked before. Thanks!
    • Flipper
      By Kit+
      Ok, so I used the flipper widget and looks good. now when I click on the first post (page) it looks good.  Now when I click on the second post(pg) it takes me to the correct page but when I make a change to this page it is affecting the first post. I've tried to unlock template, change template,  save template and still can't figure it out. I would like all the pages in the flipper to be the same but change pics and bios. 
      This is just like the one used in your demo. (About Me)
      I am a noob and very confused. Can you please help.
      Here is a temp link to my site. If this helps