Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lookrad

Disable Mobile Menu?

lookrad    0
lookrad

How do I disable the mobile menu?

Rob    547
Rob

Do you mean the Fixed Nav at the top of the screen?

All menus in DMS are mobile ready. Is there some problem with having a menu on your site in mobile view?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

lookrad    0
lookrad
I just want to turn off the 767px media queried mobile menu.

I also want to be able to selectively target sections and disable their mobile responsiveness.

Like iboxes. I want them to have 3 or 4 per row in mobile view.

Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Its not currently possible to disable the Mobile Menu without custom code. So what you will need to do is override the @media queries. In regards to your iBoxes, I wouldn't recommend having three in a row for a mobile device, as it will be incredibly difficult to read imo.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• dwpoyner
      By dwpoyner+
      Not sure exactly what is causing the issue. For some reason, why you view my site on mobile, the menu does not show up. It will pop up, but it is black. You can check it out here: http://dev.caryfbc.org. I'm also attaching a screenshot where I shrunk my browser down. Any suggestions?

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Is there a way to get the mobile menu to close when you click a menu item that is for an anchor link with the same page?
      Currently on mobiles and ipad the black mobile menu still covers a third or the screen after you have clicked a menu item (that is linking to an anchor link) and it has scrolled to the link / section within the current page. You have to physically click within the page / away from the mobile menu to get the menu and it's black background to disappear.
      Many thanks in advance.
    • kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,

I have been using DMS and pagelines.
      I am facing to a huge trouble with the appearance of one of my page on mobile (smart phones) built with pagelines.
      However I haven’t come to any solutions to organise either edit the appearance of mobile view to look neat or deactivate the responsive function. 
      Now it looks totally messy on the phone...

1. Is there any way to edit the appearance of the mobile version (responsive theme)?
      2. Is there any way to deactivate responsive function?

If I could receive support from you to go thorough this process I would be happy to be a pro member. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    • khat
      By khat+
      I think I may have installed pagelines pro incorrectly, and then used features incorrectly. I installed first platforms framework theme and then the child, thinking I could do setup for child later. I tried to set up a background image, and tried custom css feature in pagelines dashboard. I had mistakes in my css, and just thought that if I deleted the info in the css custom feature in pagelines dashboard that the new information would overwrite the old info. The background image didn't respond at all, probably because I didn't have the child directory renamed. I then tried to use the LSS plugin to create css and added more css, possibly, somewhere -sigh-. I never did change the background image and get it placed properly. I used a workaround and in nested containers I placed a background image which worked well enough, so I moved on to try to create my nav bar/ menu bar. When I go to the Menus panel, there is NO area where I can place a menu on a page. I have read and reread and re- re- reread the instructions for placing a menu. I've used the pagelines editor to place a menu, however only HOME shows up. I've been at this for many hours. I've since uninstalled all of my pagelines items and reinstalled, thinking that it would restore all my changes to default, but no, it is still all there, with all my unresolved issues. I am completely at a loss as to what to do next.