Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vabrown89

DMS Installation Error

vabrown89

Decided to install DMS today on sunsetfilms.com.au... I followed the steps here up to activation and license key... then I got this error message:

it looks like you have DMS installed in the wrong folder.
DMS must be installed in wp-content/themes/dms/ and not wp-content/themes/DMS-Dev/

This happened even after I deleted the first installation and tried again after renaming the zip file dms.zip

I can't believe I failed at the first hurdle. The site seems to work ok, not that I have done much with it as I want to get it installed properly first.

Help?

Rob

It appears you obtained DMS via the docs, rather than from our site's homepage.

You can FTP into your site, then navigate to wp-content/themes and locate the DMS-DEV folder and completely delete it.

Next, go to http://www.pagelines.com and fill out the short form on the page. You'll receive DMS.  Unzip it.  You'll see a folder called dms.  Save it to your desktop.

Then, upload it to wp-content/themes/.  It will take a few seconds to a couple of minutes, depending on your connection speed.  You'll end up with wp-content/themes/dms.

Now, browse to your site, login as admin, and go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.  Activate DMS if it's not already activated.

Browse to your site in Chrome, and you can then re-add your credentials, if need be, and begin building your site.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

vabrown89

Ok thanks, I will try that. Maybe you should delete the download link off the docs, if following the instructions as written will lead to this error?

Rob

We're working on it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur