Sign in to follow this  
johntree

IBlogPro version 3.63 and the Carousel option

johntree

I have this set up with the Flickr RSS plugin, but it only shows 20 pictures in the carousel. That limit is on the plugin page. Despite that I used the theme option to state that I want 30 pictures to display. So, 2 questions: 1) How do I increase the limit on the 20 pictures, as it is set on Flickr RSS pluginp page? 2) I've installed the NextGen Gallery plugin, and loaded up my pictures using that. How can I get the Carousel feature to pull from those pictures instead of Flickr? Thanks, John

bryan-hadaway

So would you like to use Flickr RSS or NextGen? I'm not sure if the two can be used simultaneously. Thanks, Bryan

johntree

No, I don't need to use both. What I need to do is to have the full-width carousel page display more than 20 pictures. And when I use the Flickr RSS plugin that the iBlog Pro 3.63 them suggests, I'm limited to only 20 photos from my Flickr account that are provided by the Flickr RSS to the carousel. So, I've read on these boards that the Nextgen Gallery plugin could be a way around that, but I don't see that my theme version has any support for that. I want to be able to have my carousel display any number of pictures that I choose, instead of the 20 limit from Flikr, and I'd also like the pictures to expand out when clicking on the carousel, just like this pagelines member displayed on his website: http://www.housefish.com/shop/key-modular-storage/ Please let me know how to achieve this. I don't really care if I use Flickr or Nextgen. Alll I want to do is to display more than 20 pix into the carousel, and the pictures expand out when you click on them (vs. currently where they go to the Fickr website if you click on them). Thanks, John

cmunns

I would definitely suggest upgrading to v4 as you can have much more control with NextGen Gallery. It will also be much easier to add the lightbox since NextGen is so much more configurable than the FlickrRSS

cmunns

You could also just try editing the plugin itself. Via PLUGINS > EDITOR > FLICKRSS then search for this line `<?php for ($i=1; $i<=20; $i++) { ?>` and change the number to higher than 20