Sign in to follow this  
meredithpintsizecom

extend content shadow up to include header

meredithpintsizecom

Please see http://redcroftpartners.com/ - I am trying to extend the thin silver content border up around the header, so that it completes the open top end of the page content. I tried moving the contentshadowfade class up right above the header but no change. What can I do to achieve this?

bryan-hadaway

You could try adding this to your Custom CSS: `#header{border:#ccc 3px solid}` You may need to play with it a bit. Thanks, Bryan

meredithpintsizecom

Hmmm...tried but no change upon reload / checking in other browser.

meredithpintsizecom

Thanks for this, but still no joy. After a little more poking around, I tried adding this to the header section of style.css:

background: transparent url(images/contentshadow.png) repeat-y 0 0;

This didn't work either, but I know now I want contentshadow.png to display around the border of the header section. Is my header image too big and covering up contentshadow? Thanks again for the help -- this ought to be a relatively easy thing to fix but I just can't get it.

cmunns

I would try `body .container {padding-top:2px;}`

meredithpintsizecom

Thanks Adam -- that's a step in the right direction. The border now closes horizontally across the top of the nav, but still doesn't enclose the header image. All I need to do is elevate the horizontal border so it runs along the top of the banner...so close! :-) Thanks again to everyone for helping with this.

cmunns

oh ok... ` .headline { border-color:grey grey; border-style:solid solid none; border-width:3px 3px medium; margin-left:-3px; width:960px; } `

meredithpintsizecom

That did the trick! Thank you so much for your patient help. :-)