triggerfish

nicks-base-theme-master issues

triggerfish+    1
triggerfish

I was using your theme nicks-base-theme-master I installed it and then
activated it, it then Broke my SQL/website.

This is the error I see

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_add_theme_tab() in
/home/triggerf/public_html/responsive-website-design.com/wp-content/themes/n
icks-base-theme-master/nicks-base-theme-master/functions.php on line 82

I had an FTP backup copy of all the files, but it has not fixed the problem,

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Firstly, for Nick's Base theme to install your SQL (the database), it would have to include files that write to the database and order a corruption.  No child theme would do this, and with the thousands who've installed it successfully, you're the only one suggesting this.

What makes you think the SQL is destroyed?

From the error, it seems you simply had a corrupted installation, probably due to your server processing the upload.

I've updated this to Nick, so he can address more technical aspects. However,  I doubt that there's anything 'destroyed'.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

triggerfish+    1
triggerfish

Hi, Well thx's I guess..it would of been nice for you to address the error message as opposed to how it could not happen.

triggerfish+    1
triggerfish

I believe what had happened was I had make some css/less entries in PL DMS, I later installed the CHILD THEME,

when I activated it that is when I got the error messages.

I did reload saved version of all the FTP files (pre child theme) but it was still corrupt/ error message/white screen.

etcio+    10
etcio

Hi, Well thx's I guess..it would of been nice for you to address the error message as opposed to how it could not happen.

It'd also be nice for you to not be assumptive, and accuse a dev member's free contribution of nuking your site.

I'm not seeing a SQL error. If you're seeing a white screen, it is likely a less compilation issue.

triggerfish+    1
triggerfish

Ah etcio, I never accused anyone, if fact I assumed it was something I did...whats with all the negative, just trying to sort things out here.

As per my offer above of what I think I did..when it happened.

etcio+    10
etcio

Ah etcio, I never accused anyone, if fact I assumed it was something I did...whats with all the negative, just trying to sort things out here.

As per my offer above of what I think I did..when it happened.

Sorry, I figured "Nick's base theme destroyed website and SQL" meant something. Perhaps it was a coded compliment?

• Like 1

triggerfish+    1
triggerfish

hmmm,

yes.. bad choice of words on my part

beardedavenger    158
beardedavenger

Are you running DMS or Framework? You also need to rename the theme to nicks-base-theme. Github adds -master to the end of it. The only way that error would occur is if you weren't running DMS.

Something big is coming for DMS + photographers.

http://fotostheme.com

Nick Haskins & CO - New home for all of my PageLines Store products! 

http://nickhaskins.co

Better DMS - News, Tutorials, and Tips

http://betterdms.com

triggerfish+    1
triggerfish

I have it all working thx,

It was because I had added some CSS/LESS to the DMS before then changing it to a child theme, or so it seems.

Rob    547
Rob

Just glad its resolved. 

In future, if I ask a question, it's to try and get to the bottom of why the error occurred and what the conditions where that might have caused it.  Without that, I can't always tell from the error message.  Kindly, just answer the questions rather than being offended straight off.  I'm trying to help. Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur