Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith Vaugh

Icon fonts not working

Recommended Posts

Keith Vaugh

Hi All. 

 

I was the using the following in a menu for the pagelines icons. It was working fine for the past few weeks, but is no longer working today. Has some change occurred?

 

<em class="icon-home icon-large">

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny
Hi, There have been no changes as far as I am aware and I have just tried the code you have above and it appears to be working fine. However, not sure as to why you're using when icon fonts should use For example, Also attempting to make an icon appear italic, would make the icon look weird.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith Vaugh

Hi Danny

 

Little confused by your response. It was working perfect up last day or so and a site we just finishing developing. Instead of a Home icon, I'm only getting a square now. I have also tried:

 

 

<i class="icon-home icon-large"></i>

 
with no success. 
 
Got the original info from the icon section here http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/ and I think a page you had somewhere with the icon codes (can't locate that ATM - if you have a link would appreciate)
 
Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

If it was working and now it isn't then you have most likely installed or updated a plugin that is causing the issue. It could also be related to a custom script. Can provide a link to the site in question please, as I have it working on my test site without any issue.

 

You should use <i class=""></i> and not <em>

 

You can find a full list of available icons here - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/miscellaneous/font-awesome/


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith Vaugh

Thanks Danny.

 

The site is locked down at the moment, but I could PM a login if you are willing to have look for me. 

 

Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith Vaugh

I also tried to use a different icon, but it also gives a square!

 

I am thinking that there is something missing/corrupted that is required to render the correct result in F2.4

 

No new plugin's were added, only plugins that were deactivated were deleted in the last 24 hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny
No there is no issue in Framework 2.4.4, as I said above. I am using the code with any issue in my Navigation. Can you take a screenshot of how you have added the code to your menu please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny
Ok, can you email me your details and I will take a closer look either later on this evening or tomorrow morning, as my shift is about to end. danny at pagelines dot com

Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith Vaugh

Just thinking, it almost appears as though the icon fonts are missing. If a font is missing from a computer, sometimes it returns a square box in its place. The behaviour that I am experiencing is similar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith Vaugh

Site is online if anyone has any suggestions:

 

www.belmonthousestud.com

 

Would appreciate assistance. I think it has to be something to do with font missing or corrupt  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

From what I can see you have: http://www.belmonthousestud.com/BHSclone/wp-content/themes/pagelines/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=3.0.1

 

Missing, which is causing a 404, I recommend you disable all active plugins and see if it is being cause by WP Security plugin.


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith Vaugh

Thanks Danny. Spotted something that maybe you can advise where I need to fix. 

 

The URL is incorrect i.e. it is pointing at the Development site www.belmonthousestud.com/BHSclone/....

The site was moved to www.belmonthousestud.com/... and as a consequence it is now pointing to dead URL location. 

 

I assume something needs to be updated that host missed when they transferred. When I remove the BHSclone form the URL the .woff file is downloaded therefore it is where it should be. I guess its a matter of updating the URL somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith Vaugh

As an interium solution I have duplicated the the font folder in the BHSclone/wp-con.... location on the domain. It is not an ideal solution, therefore I would appreciate some assistance on how to update the URL so that it points at the correct folder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keith Vaugh

As update to this issue and hopefully the solution - The old URL's were buried in a CSS file. This evident when I discovered that many more theme related elements were causing 404 errors, i.e. next and previous buttons, backgrounds in features etc... I was using pagelines customise and therefore there was an additional file that did not get updated during the transfer of the site. It was only a matter of removing the incorrect URL and saving in a text editor. There was a total of 21 incorrect listings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×