Sign in to follow this  
olleckgmxnet

Where could I find archive.php?

olleckgmxnet

I Would like toedit the tag sites. I would like to add the tag_description on the tag sites. I have read I had to edit the archive.php. Where it is? Or is there another possibility to do this?

cmunns

Hmmm...I'm not sure I understand exactly what you need. Also, what theme are you using?

olleckgmxnet

I use Iblog Pro. It is possible to write an description for each tag in the wordpress backend. Also for Categories. But it doesn't showed by default on the tag sites. You have to add some code somewhere.

catrina

Do you mean a description for each tag or category that can be added to your blog posts?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

olleckgmxnet

yes. In the wordpress backend, it is possible to write an description text for each category or tag. But how to show up? I would like to show it at the top of each category or tag site.

cmunns

You will have to add a conditional like this `<?php if (is_tag()) { ?><?php echo tag_description(); ?><?php } ?>` or like this for categories: ` <?php if (is_category()) { ?> <?php $description=category_description(); echo $description; ?> <?php } ?> ` to the _posts.php file. Maybe above this line `

` depending...

olleckgmxnet

Hello Andrew, i did the research but their stands I have to put the code in the archive.php. But back to my question. Where is the archive.php for platformPro?

cmunns

In the example you provided I don't see a tag description. At any rate you can create your own archive.php, but the way it's done in the theme is with conditionals like I showed you. If I can understand a little more we can probably modify the original code I showed you.

olleckgmxnet

Hi cmunns, I changed my Theme in the last weeks in platformpro. now I got a different problem. In platformpro there is no _posts.php. :-(

Kate

Hi Olaf - In PlatformPro the equivalent file is template.postloop.php.