Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbrouwer

nextgen gallery admin broken

jbrouwer    5
jbrouwer

Hi,

Just installed the Nextgen Gallery 2.0 plugin. The admin pages of the plugin were white. Turned out it was related to Pagelines Framework (disabled all plugins and tested on twenty twelve). I started with looking which js files were loaded on the Nextgen Gallery admin pages and it was navbar.js. After disabling the fixed navbar in the site options menu the NextGen Gallery admin area was fine. Since there is no use for the navbar.js file to be loaded in the admin area, can this be changed so it only loads on frontend?

Thanks.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Likely, the latest version of NextGen has been updated for WP 3.6, with a higher level of javascript and jquery than Framework (which hasn't been updated for that, to my knowledge), due to all our restoration work recently.  Likely Framework will be updated soon.  I cannot give you an ETA, but will definitely report this to our developers.

Unfortunately, not being a developer, I can't answer your question properly and don't wish to give you a false answer or a guess.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob    547
Rob

White screens are usually PHP errors and can be related to javascript and PHP.  Have you checked the error_log on the server.

jbrouwer    5
jbrouwer

I already loaded the navbar.js conditionally myself, hence it now only loads on the frontend. Nextgen Gallery admin is working fine. I posted it on the forum so your developers can do the same.

Rob    547
Rob

Thanks!

• Similar Content

• FRevi
      By FRevi+
      I have read several posts regarding conflict with NextGEN Gallery plugin. I am having a different problem - the galleries just fail to show up. I am running the latest versions of P5 and NextGEN, do you know if the fix plugin will solve that? Should I just try it and see what happens? thx
    • kratma
      By kratma
      When I updated to Framework 2.4.5 images from NextGen Gallery no longer displayed in the carousel. I got this message  The plugin for the selected carousel mode needs to be activated (FlickrRSS or NextGen Gallery)

I deactivated and reacdtivated the plugin. I tried removing it completely and re-installing but get the same message.

I took the carousel out and set it up on a trial page

Website  http://goodheartbooks.com
      Sample page with carousel us  http://goodheartbooks.com/trial/

Wordpress version 3.9.1

Thanks

• Bleuy
      By Bleuy+
      Evening All

I am looking to create a carousel affect on my website, which consists of 13 scrolling images, I only want to show 4 at a time, with left and right navigation.  These images relate to Pages (not posts) and I therefore need to have a link from the image to the relevant page.  I have looked through the forums seen a variety of old options (+ none of them seem to specifically relate to my request), but wondered if someone could give me best advise please?

I have installed the NextGen plugin (but for some reason the images are not loading & not sure the Flickr one is relevant) + I can't see a way of linking this to the relevant pages.

Your assistance/advice, as always, greatly appreciated.