Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

creativelearning

PlatformPro 1.6 and NextGen Gallery 2.0

creativelearning    0
creativelearning

Hello, I am using Platform Pro 1.6 and also have the PlatformBase 1.4.1 enabled. I just recently updated the NextGen Gallery Plugin to version 2.0. However, now the Carousel Slider gives me an error: "The plugin for the selected carousel mode (NextGen-Gallery or FlickrRSS) needs to be installed and activated."

Any idea what is going on now? or How I could fix it?

batman    389
batman

Hi creativelearning

I have the same problem, you can see this

http://www.nextgen-g...back-a-version/

It resolve my problem

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,  Batman's correct in his solution. Thanks batman!

The problem is caused by the upgrade of NextGen for WP 3.6 and changes made to javascript, jquery and AJAX.   For months I've been warning that this will happen and expect further degradation of plugins making PlatformPro and Base impossible to manage. 

The best solution here would be to upgrade and redesign the site to DMS at this point.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

batman    389
batman

Hi Rob

Thank you for all your work at forum at this moments.
I feel good always I can give a hand to a user and all the Moderating Team.
Regards my friend.

:rolleyes: 

creativelearning    0
creativelearning

So the only answer is to downgrade the plugin or upgrade to what Pagelines now sells as "DMS"? I have been with pagelines since the Platform Pro and then Pagelines Framework. Unfortunately I will not be upgrading to this new "DMS."

I used to remember when Pagelines motto was that the customer comes first. Now I think it's the dollar.

Good luck to Pagelines.

batman    389
batman

Hi creativelearning

The problem with this plugin  (NextGen Gallery 2.0)  is in Platform Pro, Pagelines Framework and DMS too.

;)

KristaD    0
KristaD

I gave up on NextGen entirely. I even talked with Customer Service a few times and I just have no time to deal with back and forth. I ended up purchasing the WOW Slider and that works fine for me out of the box.

Rob    547
Rob

Excellent.

And just so everyone knows, support for PlatformPro is ended and no longer available. I'm sorry, but it reached its end of life in June.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• rdnoran
      By rdnoran
      I recently upgraded to WP 6.0 and NextGen Gallery 2.0 and when I did a NextGen plug-in check they said, Missing the call to wp_head() in your theme, contact the theme author... Can anyone help me get this corrected, please?