This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pagelines DMS Magazine Layout -

2 posts in this topic

I am currently using the magazine layout for my content.

Is there a way to customize it so I can show the full post content in the first 2 posts, and then just the thumbnails for the next 4? Right now, it looks like I can only choose between displaying full content OR thumbnails.

My site is

You can set the site Settings to just two, full length posts at Dashboard > Settings > Reading.

Then, on your home or blogpage, add the two column section below the Content/PostLoop. 

Install Special Recent Posts from Craft the shortcode and add it to a text widget.  Use the offset function.  In the left column, make the offset by 2 and tell it to display the image only, and set the image size (you will need to add some CSS to formally increase the thumbnail size). Tell the shortcode to display as many posts as you want in that column. 

Then, for the right column, copy the code from the left, but change the offset to the number you already have displayed.  So, if you have two full width, and three in the left, your offset will be 5.   Thus you'll get

3  6

4  7

5  8

Special Recent Posts is free at or, you can get the paid (inexpensive) version at

• Similar Content

• Remove Auto-Excerpt
      By sruehle+
      Hey there,
      I hope that this questions doesn´t come up every day:
      I´d like to set up a sub-page that contains my blog ( When I am adding posts to this page, they always show as excerpt with a read more button that links to an other page, at which the full post content can be viewed. However, I would like to either have the whole blog content on the first page ( or to change the functionality of the read more button, so that it is toggling the full content instead of loading a new page. 
      I already selected
       For each article in a feed, show Full text
       but it didn´t work.
      I am using DMS with the voyant child theme. I hope that you can help me with this. Moreover, I should add that I am not really confident in editing any php files. 
      Thank you in advance. 
    • Image thumbnails not displaying on category pages.
      By Seejman
      Hi guys,
      Am loving the theme. Slight issue, however: when I view a list of blog posts in a category archive the image thumbnails aren't displaying. Is there anything you might be able to suggest that would fix the problem? Perhaps changing the maximum dimensions or something? :/
      Any help would be amazing. 
    • ShareBar shortcode in Widget
      By Brian+
      I would like to add a shortcode, or even html, for the PL ShareBar section to be placed in a text widget. What needs to be done to do this? The regular social shortcodes: [pinterest], [twitter], etc. don't look as good as the ShareBar section. Look forward to hearing from someone.
    • DMS won't load - Error 500
      By stephen2+
      Using Flywheel as my host and having trouble getting DMS to load – the issue began when I cleared the cache in the Pagelines side - not the FLywheel side.
      I experienced this last fall.
      I looked in my Javascript console and it shows a server error: 500 —> it can’t find the pagelines-draft-css. 
    • Default Category/Post Thumbnail
      By aldisney+
      I was wondering if there was a relatively easy to way automatically assign a thumbnail to a post category when displaying posts in the Masonic Gallery format, when the post doesn't have a featured image? I've got a client with a ton of posts that just won't have any featured images, but each category has a header image. I'd like to display the header image as the thumbnail for all these posts, since, going forward, my client does actually plan to use featured images.