Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Override section not working

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

I moved the section postauthor to my 'sections' folder in my DMS base theme. I changed the section.php, but it still uses the original section.

What I did was following these steps: http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/override-sections.

I don't made any mistakes in the sections.php, because when I use the same code in the original section, than everything works. Why is my 'override section' not being recognized is the question I have.

I write about internet marketing, WordPress and Pagelines on my Dutch blog spoelstra.ws

Fabio Duranti

I have the same problem ...

Rob

Okay, what I didn't read here is that the child theme was activated.   Even if you add it to the child theme, your browser doesn't know where to look for it unless the child theme is activated.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Yup, child theme activated, I only work with child themes these days, learned that here :-).

I write about internet marketing, WordPress and Pagelines on my Dutch blog spoelstra.ws

Danny
This appears to be a minor bug and has already been reported.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Hi Danny, I tried to find this on Github, can you paste the link to Github because I would like to know when this is solved. I quess there is no workaround to override the sections in the meanwhile?

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Hi Rob, I'm on Github, I have read all the DMS docs and improved where I could. I would like to have the link for this specific problem, because I can't find it.

Danny

Upload your the sections folder which you wish to override to the plugins folder and see if this works. This appears to be working for me, but I don't think this is the correct method to use.

The issue has been reported here - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/250

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Hi Danny, thanks for the link! That's what I needed.. 

Do you mean the normal plugin folder? I have multsite setup, so I tried both folders: 'plugins' and 'mu-plugins'. Both didn't work.

However, in the Github thread this is mentioned:

Whats weird is, if I enable the PageLines Section plugin and then add for example Flipper to that folder, then make some changes to the section.php file. The section gets overridden.

Did you mean that?

eusebius

I am having the same problem. Any news on a fix, even a short term one? The 0.9.7 updated eliminated all my custom code.

Danny

If you upload your sections folder for example, the Flipper sections folder to

/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/flipper

When you edit the sections.php file, the override should work.