Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

margeaux7

Lost Editor Capabilities-Possible Bug?

margeaux7

This may be a coincidence but when setting up Ken Burn Slider I lost all editor capabilities in chrome. When I click any of the buttons such as add sections, templates, global options etc., nothing happens. Thank you for your help.

http://66.147.244.90/~apecconf/

The reason I think it is the slider is that you can not see the single slider image that I managed to install in chrome but you can see it in firefox and safari. 

margeaux7

It is definitely a bug. I went into my c-panel and with trepidation deleted the kenburner slider out of the sections directory. Sure enough I now have my editor back.

Rob

I don't think it's a bug as much as a simple conflict with a plugin.

That said, I will alert our developers.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

margeaux7

Whoops. Don't know the difference between bug and conflict. Sorry about that. Thank you though.

JaffaDave

I have the same issue with Meta Slider, while enabled it breaks the editor features, they don't even show up, in order to re-edit the site i have to delete the plugin.

Rob

Sliders, carousels or any plugin using jquery, javascript or ajax has a high risk of conflicting with the visual editor, just the same way that if any of those are disabled in your Chrome browser, you couldn't use the editor. So, take care when selecting anything that it's up to date with WP 3.6 and that others haven't said it's causing issues. Those are critical selection criteria.

Hopefully, this helps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur