sheilahoff

Full width excerpt in Magazine Layout Mode

sheilahoff

This is my second PL site with a large gap between them. I'm feeling incredibly stupid. I've just spent loads of time exploring trying to figure this out myself. I want the category listings to be full width the same as the blog. I checked in the Drag-n-Drop template sections and they have the exact same sections. Then I went into Global Settings/ Blog & Post and played around with assorted settings there. It turnes out that with Magazine Layout Mode selected I do not get the first post full width and then 2-across, It starts right off with 2-across. Is there a way to fix that? When I'm in Blog Layout Mode then I can have all full-width for all of them. I was hoping for the combination though and it seems not to work. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Website URL: http://mike.hoffmangraphics.com/ minimal posts but the Create tab is setup with a category
Framework Version: 2.4.4
WordPress Version: 3.6

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Rob

Hi Sheila,

To be very honest, I don't believe search results, archives, tags or category pages are customizable to show full-width posts.  Bummer, I know. It probably can be fixed but I'm unsure how that would be done without a professional developer.  Playing with this requiring cloning core sections (for each of those) and you may be playing with fire. One slipped comma or colon and bingo, you've broken the site. 

Your best bet would be to find a developer who can give you a quote on this.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I don't want to cause any harm to your site in the process.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sheilahoff

Thanks Rob. If it's not built to be down within PL we'll live w/o it. I just thought I was missing something. The icons make it look like you get one full width then the half-width underneath it.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Rob

Yes, it's sometimes confusing.  Glad you can live without it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur