Sign in to follow this  
sdrobles

Layout Dimension Editor

sdrobles

The layout dimension editor on is "grey-ed" out and doesn't allow me to customize the size or template of my website. How can I fix this? 

batman

Hi sdrobles

If I understand the issue

Please go to the blue dotted line until the icon appears

Then click with the mouse tight move, see the image
Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202013-08-

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

sdrobles

I don't see dots on my screen. I've actually never seen that...this is what my dashboard looks like, notice how the dimension section is not allowing modification: 

dashboard.jpg

Danny

This issue is most likely caused by one of your plugins, disable all active plugins and your issue should be resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sdrobles

Quick question, when I disable plugins, what will that do to my site? Will it change things? I will have to reactivate plugins right? Sorry...just never deactivated everything. And I guess I should point out the page I'm having problems with it's my blog portion. The side bar is really tight and keeps cutting off everything. You can see it here: http://babytalkmoms.com/blog

If you scroll down, you'll see what I mean. 

Rob

Deactivating plugins will temporarily affect some things on your site.  However, you can reactivate them without loss of any site integrity. Plugins often become problematic when a new version of WordPress is released, as it was just last week.

If you see upgrades for your plugins, please upgrade them as soon as possible.

The process is to deactivate them all. See if the problem goes away.  If it does, reactivate them, one at a time. After each reactivation, test the layout editor. If it's broken again, then that last plugin you reactivated is the one that caused the issue.  Make a note of it, deactivate it again, and continue with your reactivations and testing.

When you've finished, you can either write the plugin developer for an update, or, find a replacement.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur