Sign in to follow this  
dhrose

Comment box gone?

dhrose

I deleted the comment box on a post page from my existing site while testing... er, how would I get that back? No comment now on anything? I don't see that in the components...

batman

Hi dhrose

Please, you can go to

Add Section > Your Section

See the image

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202013-08-

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

dhrose

DOH! I can't see how I missed that one... Thanks!

dhrose

I was thinking I could hide the comments on some post topics and use flipper for a gallery... maybe not possible?

batman

Hi again

No problem, happy to help!

I don't know about "Flipper", I only have the version free.

You wait for a moderator´s reply.

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

dhrose

I think I exceeded my questions on the forum... Ha! These guys have helped me out so much in the past I'm trying to be patient. 

Rob

You will probably recall that DMS has both Global and Local settings.  So, if you are using a particular post where you want to hide the comments, I think you can do it via settings on a local level.

I'm still learning this new product myself, so I'm not sure how to hide things as we used to do in Framework via page- or post-level meta settings.  I'll look into this, as it is going to be an important issue.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dhrose

Thanks for replying... I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out new dms ways to do things I did in Framework easily... I'm a little worried that all these functions will be added back into dms and I'll have to undo all this stuff. Ha! Probably good experience though in trying to hammer out all the possibilities with the system. There really are a LOT of ways to do things now... I wanted to try and do my current site (fixed) in a percentage based layout just for experimental purposes... opens up a whole new set of problems and issues. Although all the code is still there from my PageLines customize plugin, I've had to change a lot of it for dms. Still haven't short coded anything yet, and had to figure out a responsive contact form.

FUN! 

Rob

I'm glad you think it's fun.  :D

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dhrose

So, at this point can we put something in the header on one page and have nothing in there on others? I haven't been able to do this even with selecting global or local?