Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonLA

Twitter bar removes editor in chrome

JasonLA

Just like the title says - added a twitterbar to the homepage of my site, www.zox.la, and it will not let me edit that page anymore. Any suggestions?

Rob

Can you deactivate the twitterbar?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

JasonLA

Can you deactivate the twitterbar?

No, I don't think so unfortunately. I can't open the editor at all on my homepage where I dragged the twitterbar so I'm not sure how else I could deactivate it. 

Rob

Are you using DMS or Framework?

JasonLA

DMS. Once I dragged the twitterbar onto the home page it made it so I can no longer edit that specific page and actually cuts off right where I added it when I'm logged in using Chrome. 

Check out zox.la and you'll see the difference. Here's what I see in Chrome:  http://screencast.com/t/9uJ4xMK83qH

Rob

I have to ask the dumb question of the day.  Twitterbar wasn't working long before our crash because of something Twitter did with their feed structure.  What made you think DMS was going to resolve it? And why would you use a legacy product that wasn't working in Framework?

Sorry, but this was just not well thought out on your part.  I have no idea how to remove it now. 

etcio

DMS. Once I dragged the twitterbar onto the home page it made it so I can no longer edit that specific page and actually cuts off right where I added it when I'm logged in using Chrome. 

Check out zox.la and you'll see the difference. Here's what I see in Chrome:  http://screencast.com/t/9uJ4xMK83qH

I'm assuming you never clicked publish. If not, you can clear the unpublished changes by clearing the local storage, cache and cookies. The template is stored in the local storage, so you can't just clear cookies. 

JasonLA

Thanks for the input etcio. I tried that but I can only access the editor from other pages and it will not let me go back. Apparently it was published. 

Danny

Hi Jason,

Are you referring to the TwitterBar section that comes included with PageLines Framework ?

As I have just viewed your homepage and I am unable to see any instance of twitterbar on your site, unless I missed it. Has this issue been resolved ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

JasonLA

Hi Danny, 

Unfortunately it hasn't - Once I log in it does not allow me to use the editor. I used the drag and drop sections option from DMS for the twitterbar and once I published the change to set it live, it started acting up and now I can no longer edit it. The weird thing is that I can't even see a twitter bar now when I'm not logged in, I'm not sure how to proceed. 

JasonLA

For anyone that has the same issue, I finally figured it out. I had installed the "legacy sections" plugin that came with DMS. Turned it off and we're good to go. :)

Rob

I'm glad to hear it.  For everyone, don't use Twitterbar in the legacy products. It wasn't working before the crash and won't be fixed. Please don't add sections you're not sure about.  You'd be best to ask someone here first, what works and what doesn't.

nfp1900

Hi, I need to integrate a Twitter feed - anyone got an opinion about a decent looking plugin that they've tested with dms? Needs to have the last few tweets etc..

Rob

Twitter provides a feed with code that can be added to a text area in DMS or text widget in Framework. It works fine in either. Get the code via Twitter.com.