Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazymonkeydefense

Twinshots Disapeared off my site!

crazymonkeydefense
The issue of accessing my pagelines account from within my wordpress still has not been resolved. I keep hearing about the hack, but to be honest, how much longer does a person have to wait until it is resolved?

I tried to update Twinshots, something my whole site is using and it has now disapearred (who knows why?)...and because I cant connect my site to pagelines, I cannot resolve this issue. Not to mention the page for Twinshots on Pagelines comes back with a 404 error.

What now?

Is there a manual download link you can provide for this section in the meantime?

PS. I am sorry if my tone is harsh, but to be honest I am far from happy with Pagelines right now.

batman

Hi crazymonkeydefense

Please, you can try with 

http://launchpad.pagelines.com/

I could download my sections from

I hope you help this

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

crazymonkeydefense

Thanks man...tried that, but no go. The problem is I used Twinshot as part of my plus membership as it as free. So I looked in Launchpad and only the sections I have purchased are there. If I go to where Twinshots is housed, not only are some of the pages 404 errors, but even if I wanted to buy it quick (as I am desperate right now), there doesn't seem to be anyway to do this :(

Really frustrated, irritated...and tired of all these thing simply not working properly on Pagelines.

Rob

I believe Twinshot may have stopped on Friday because they were restoring the site and removing some of the temporary measures taken to keep things going.  Additionally,  you may have noticed that WordPress 3.6 was released and that may have pushed some advances in backend systems that haven't been incorporated into Twinshot yet, like an upgrade to jQuery or Javascript.  That upgrade could have also caused some plugins to conflict with Twinshot.

Did you deactivate the non-PageLines plugins?  That might determine if the issue is a conflict.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

crazymonkeydefense

Rob...I am not sure how much of what you telling me is factual. I hate to be a pessimist here, but to be frank, most of what I am getting told from Pagelines seems to be stalling tactics.

First off I have Twinshots on 2 sites. Both are running all the same plug ins - so that is not the issue here. Nor is it WP. On the one site it works fine, and on the other site it dissapeared after trying to upgrade it (I only did this as I thought my log in issues to Pagelines was resolved, but it wasn't). That's also another thing that has been promised to be fixed and was suppose to be by Friday.

So bottom line, I cant access any sections or add anything from Pagelines to ANY of my sites, simply because everytime I try to log into my Pagelines account from with WP I get this:

ERROR: User not found!
There was a problem logging in to PageLines.

There is no way for me to resolve this myself at this stage. I even tried to just go and purchase Twinshot, even though it is FREE as part of my Plus membership. Guess what? The payment page for it etc has 404 errors on it.

So what now? I am not some guy running a website for fun, I have members, paying members, and trusting Pagelines reputation, I built the entire platform on Pagelines. And since the main driver of the site is video, I used Twinshot (which works great by the way). Now everything is down, and I am losing money, not to mention tons of pissed off people e-mailing me. How do I respond to them? What I am left with is how Pagelines has made it clear they won't respond to support issues on the weekend....so now I have to do damage control.

I have spent 100's of $ with Pagelines over the years, and now that I really need some help (pretty much this is the first time) I get no resolution. Seen that you staff, why don't you look into my account 'crazymonkeydefense' and organize a copy/download link of Twinshots for me so I can try upload it manually to my site and see if I can fix this?

Rob

Twinshot is broken by virtue of a change in the backend system used to make it work.  I was not incorrect in that, and there have been more than a dozen postings in this forum on the subject.  If it's working for you, all the better, and I couldn't be happier.

You cannot purchase it because the Framework store is now closed - permanently.  No Framework products nor Framework itself, will be available for purchase. That wasn't a stalling tactic as you presumed. It was the simple truth, by the way.  Our store is now DMS only.

I am not sure what location you're using to login to your account.  Now, it's located at http://launchpad.pagelines.com. Your account is likely there, intact.

No idea where you got this from: "What I am left with is how Pagelines has made it clear they won't respond to support issues on the weekend....so now I have to do damage control." but I work this forum each weekend.

Live support is closed - permanently.  So if you need help on weekends it's going to be on a first come-first served basis on weekends.  We're backlogged due to the crash in late July, and so with limited staffing, we're sometimes seeing long lag times in replies.  Unfortunately, I can't help that.  Most of our staff are resolving billing issues for clients, presently and a flood of inquiries about DMS.

I pinned a post recently:  http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28568-framework-store-free-products/  that you'll see from the free store products, doesn't include Twinshot.  If you previously purchased it (not via Plus) it will be in your Launchpad account.  I don't think Plus extensions are included in the launchad info - only the paid products. 

I don't have Twinshot, personally, or I'd happily provide it. There's really nothing I can do to get it for you. Twinshot doesn't work in DMS either, so I don't think there will be any updates.   My personal apologies for that. I feel your frustration. That's to be honest, not to stall.

There may be some similar products in the other commercial sites like codecanyon.net, or, possibly free ones in WordPress.org.

noomaking

Reading this post with similar interest. I too have placed a ton of effort in Framework. DMS at the moment will not cut it for a couple sites. I need to continue to build and enhance the current sites in Framework. I need to buy sections as well as have these sections supported. Without a Framework store, my customers are dead in the water. That places my reputation with my customers in jeapardy. Hmmmm... we are in a pickle out here.

I am a pagelines user because in Framework you are doing what I used to do in a home grown fashion better. DMS is interesting and perhaps superior, but anyone in the web game has a legacy issue. There was too much money spent tweaking css and building our own themes within Framework to casually throw it all away. The customer does not want to pay for a "refresh". The developer, "me" does not want to give my time away for free. The customer is currently happy and looking forward to site enhancements promised by me to the customer in the current framework. DMS conversion would introduce risks in customer satisfaction. I must necessarily tread cautiously.

The Framework still needs a store. Pagelines developers will still develop for it if the audience is there. Sections will need updates as Wordpress continues to upgrade. It's not possible to convince a customer that has made a significant investment in the last year that we need to immediately consider an upgrade and the development of a new theme. I don't know how you do that. I have been selling services for over 15 years. I am speechless because I am currently sitting in no mans land with the Framework product. My largest customer of this year is beginning to lose confidence in my ability to deliver on the rest of the site features. He's not alone, because I am also concerned.

I hope you are misinformed Rob on the status of the Framework store. If not, I would suggest the principles reconsider the awkward and impossible situation we are in with our current install base.

Again, this is not meant to be hostile. That would accomplish nothing. This is a plea for accountability and responsibility. It may be that the principle decision makers were not adequately aware of the repercussions of this path. Perhaps a closed forum topic could be created that would discuss a fair and reasonable road map for the current Framework products. I need at least 12 months to talk customers into another fundamental change in the way their website needs to work and be maintained. My role is to be the expert in my user base, not a novice. DMS places me in the novice category. In Framework, I am the consultant. I am a quick learner, but It will take some time and experience to claim that I am confident DMS is the product and the future for my customers. Trust and confidence must be established. I need to trust and have confidence in DMS. My customers need to have trust and confidence in me as I lead them into a DMS site. This will take a little time. The Pagelines approach has always been clever. I am hopeful. But I need some time.

My request is for the product roadmap to reflect the time we need out here to make our customer migrations to DMS seem natural and transparent. We can deal with a little stress. That's the nature of the business. But we can't do the impossible out here.

Rob, I am again hoping you are not entirely correct about the Framework store. This needs to be carefully thought through. There is a lot of good will out here in the community. It's been a real pleasure to be a part of it. I have always been confident and excited about the product and it's placement. I even brag about it and needle some of my friends who are on different paths with it's capabilities. I'm in the camp.

But at the moment, I have placed all current and potential customers on hold as far as Pagelines is concerned. Status is hopeful but stalled. Not sure what I can promise, so I cannot promise anything. If the Framework store is dead, it looks like I will be forced to play hide and seek with my framework customers. Let them die to their vision and perhaps release them to another developer. I can't move them at this point in the relationship and I can't deliver on the original promise. This could be costly. We need word of mouth references out here. I sold the Framework on it's user base support, it's developer community and it's flexibility to meet their needs. I can't tell them that they are frozen in time.

We need some help and guidance out here.

Rob

Hi,

As I mentioned, we're still working on the restoration of APIs.  The Framework store is back, in large part.  Not everything is back.  I've not tested Twinshot yet to see if it's working, but it is not yet available in the Framework Store via Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections. 

If you see anything with a grey rectangle named "Thumb", it's not going to work.

The good news, if you have a Plus membership, then your Plus extensions are still available without charge.

Please, before anyone blames me for mistaken information, kindly remember I report what I'm being told.  Don't shoot the messenger.

outtareach

I am trying to get twinshot also and I am wondering why some plugins are listed in the plus free section and are available while others arent?  If I look at the documentation I see twinshot and rapidtabs yet in the sections for dms only rapidtabs is there and none of the other sections listed in the documentation.

Rob

Twinshot was broken in advance of the DMS launch. It hasn't been fixed yet.  There are some conflicts as far as I know, about the scripting behind it.  It doesn't work in Framework or DMS, which is why you don't see it presently.

Once it is fixed, it will be added back, as far as I know.  I know this isn't good news, but there are so many higher priorities that unfortunately, it hasn't been attended to yet.  I'll push it along as best I can.

outtareach

thanks.  some native video player would be nice.  Pagelines should have video, audio and image plugins standard I feel to at least start you off.

Rob

Just had word from our developers.

Twinshot was only a v2 extension.  It is not DMS compatible and apparently cannot be made so.

Due to the conflict with WP3.6, Twinshot is deprecated, they're telling me.

I can only say to try this: http://codecanyon.net/item/html5-video-gallery-wordpress-plugin/5150042

It hasn't been tested on Framework. I have no idea if it works.

outtareach

thanks, I'll give that a whil possibly.

Rob

I hope it works!