Iain Griffin

Woocommerce issues in DMS

Iain Griffin    0
Iain Griffin

Hi, I'm having a few issues displaying Woocommerce as I'd like since upgrading to DMS and hoped someone could help please? 

I'm using the Woocommerce For Pagelines plugin and have 'dragged' the product content section into the body of a product post. However, it is only showing the featured image, page title and main body content. It's missing the price, product attributes data, product description and additional gallery photos. I've searched all the settings but can't seem to find where to change/show this....?

Also, on the 'shop' page I've added the product loop and made it full width (12 columns). I want to now make the product thumbs bigger. I've followed the Woocommerce advice, adjusted the image size in the settings, regenerated the thumbs etc,  but it's not working. It seems to be constrained somehow in the pagelines plugin to have four thumb image columns of (about) 200px wide. How can I change this please?

Many thanks in advance

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

Hi,

The WooCommerce for Pagelines plugin is only for Pagelines V2, not DMS. Please uninstall the plugin and then make sure you have the post loops dragged onto the template on your Shop and Product pages.

Thanks.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

Iain Griffin    0
Iain Griffin

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for the quick response. I've done as you suggest and all is working well on the individual product page. I'm also getting the product listing on my 'shop' page too, which is great, but the thumbs still aren't adjusting to a bigger size - despite me adjusting the Woocommerce settings. 

Is this likely to be an issue with DMS or Woocommerce - I've still not got my head around what's controlling what at the moment where DMS is concerned?

Thanks,

Iain

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

Hmm, not sure on the thumbnails. Do you have a link to the site so I can see what the css is doing?

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

Iain Griffin    0
Iain Griffin
Thank you. It's on my test domain - http://www.wizzkidd.co.uk/shop/. I'd like to have three columns rather than four, with larger thumbs. I've set the image size to 500x500 px, but they're not appearing this big - or so it seems to me.

(I've taken the maintenance mode off for the time being so you can get access)

Really appreciate you're help.

Iain

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

Hi Iain,

Ah, that's a little different, not related to Pagelines or DMS. WooCommerce controls the number of products in a row.

Woo does have a way to change the number of columns, found  in Change Products Per Row. 

To implement their solution you will need to use a child theme. Here is a blank child theme for DMS -- DMS Template Theme

Hope that helps.

Best, Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

Iain Griffin    0
Iain Griffin
Hi Ellen,

Thank you for explaining. That makes total sense and certainly will fix the issue. Your help's been amazing. Much appreciated.

Iain

mundocaco+    9
mundocaco

thank you batman !

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

Iain,

Glad I could help. WooCommerce has some helpful Code Snippets worth checking out.

mundocaco WooCommerce for Pagelines is not for DMS -- only Pagelines V2. WooCommerce works with DMS without the plugin.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

mundocaco+    9
mundocaco
ellen thank you for help, 

batman show me a link to ask about WooCommerce for Pagelines V2, this is what I need to know 
I wait for answer.

Thanks again!

mundocaco+    9
mundocaco

@ellen I have download the plugin.

thank you very much! <3

• Like 1