Sign in to follow this  
alexb

CSS problem

alexb

Hi folks

I'm trying to stop the footer displaying on one page. I'd found the page ID and dropped the following into the CSS/LESS rules box in Global Settings:

#page.page-id-7 .#footer.footer.pl-region {display: none;}

Alas, no difference.

Is it me not getting to grips with using CSS in DMS, or something else weird going on?

Thanks for any pointers!

Alex

alexb

Not to worry - figured it out...you can't seem to drop it in Global settings in the Visual Editor without also inserting it in the Dashboard view also - and both ahve to match if you do else one conflicts with the other...

alexb

doesn't seem to work in IE8 though...

alexb

Surely something as simple as a snippet of css should execute properly in IE8?! Compatibility script is on but still the footer is displaying...

Any PL guys have any thoughts?

Rob

My thought is, IE8 is one big pain in the CSS.  It doesn't know how to read some CSS elements, so it doesn't always deal with things the way you'd like.

Log into http://launchpad.pagelines.com  then go to http://launchpad.pagelines.com/api/store_free/.  Select plugin-browser-css.zip.  Download the file, then upload it via Appearance > Plugins > Add New > Upload.

Activate it when upload is completed.  It should tell you the code for IE8 to prefix your code.

However, you may want to simplify the following part the CSS you have from .#footer.footer.pl-region {display: none;}  to .#footer {display: none;}

So, your code will look like this:  XX .page-id-yy #footer {display: none;}  where XX is the browser specific prefix, and yy is the id number for the page.

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur