Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davekeys

iBoxes - Added Widget, Now Can't Edit

davekeys

Dev site is at http://pgvero.agentsr.us/

I added a script widget from OpenTable to the first of four iBoxes. Now I can't edit the iBoxes section. 

Is there a way to manually access it? FTP or something to not have to start over with a new iBoxes section?

Why would the script disable editing anyway? hrmmm...

Thanks!

PS. Actually, the entire edit panel is blank. No tools available. I hate to undo the iboxes just to maybe get it back...

davekeys

No answer. Had to give up, remove iBox section and start over. Editor came back. 

Here's the injected script template. I'm going to try it one more time.

<script type="text/javascript" 
</script> 
<a class="OT_ExtLink" 
Reservations</a>

Added script back in. It broke the site again.

Now what? This is an important component of the site and published by a major vendor.

davekeys

OK, I tried it in a textbox. I tried it in an iBox. Anywhere I put it, it breaks the interface. 

The client is waiting on a functional reservation capability and I have nothing to show yet. I guess I'll contact OpenTable to see if they have any ideas but I'm not feeling optimistic... yet.

Rob

The iBox is not intended to accept text boxes or javascripts.  It is intended to display a structured format in a link and some descriptive text.  If you want javascript functioning in a box setting, use our Grid System, set into a text area.  Then, within the grid areas, you can add javascript.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

davekeys

I tried that just in case that was an issue and it still broke the interface. I contacted the developers at OpenTable and let them know that their code seemed to be breaking the DMS editor. I think I'll get an answer on Monday.

Thanks for the confirmation although iBox seems pretty tolerant of just about anything reasonable you put in there. It had no problem with my Iframe. I asked the Opentable folks to provide a better iFrame resource anyway because I don't want people leaving the site, which Opentable does by default to try to capture the lead. Not fair to the restaurant website owner at all.

davekeys

Solved this nicely with lightbox plus plugin and an external link.

Rob

Excellent

davekeys

Back to the same problem. The client wants something about the interface that requires the script. Stuck. Ideas? Can this script be "hidden" somehow from the DMS back end interface?

davekeys

Rob please see prev. comment. Ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Rob

Dave, when you reply, please click the little blue opposing arrows, which lets you paste code.  Give me the correct code to be tested.

I'll try it on my own site to see if it works.

davekeys

Rob, Thanks!

Here's the problem code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.opentable.com/frontdoor/default.aspx?rid=111364&restref=111364&hover=1"></script> 

Rob

Hi,

See: http://dev.epicurus.com/sparkling-pineapple-punch/

Look on the sidebar below the RapidTabs.  (my dev site, btw).

It is your code placed in a text widget in the sidebar.  Now, if you  see it, you can inspect it in either Chrome (logged out of your site is best) or Firebug for Firefox.  Once you find the proper CSS, you can then adapt it so that it looks as desired.

Rob

It sure does some funky things to my site as well.  Look at the post navigation and breadcrumbs at the top of the recipe and the RapidTabs in Firefox. 

davekeys

I wonder if I'm stuck using a widget to use this script... I have a request in to OpenTable to fix from their end. I've spent well over an hour's time tinkering with it and it's really their problem, right? (Of course it's my problem as long as my client wants what doesn't work...)

I think I'll try some way of encapsulating a widget where I want this to appear.

Rob

If I may suggest.... screenshot my site.  Show him this dialog too.  Let him know we've tried everything.  I didn't try a text widget, but a text area, which is different.  So give that a try.  But I think the issue is simple. 

OpenTable delivers their javascript along with conflicting CSS, that hits other things for some reason. Probably because it prefixes with an extra . so the class becomes  ..OT_ and that extra . is making havoc with the rest of the CSS, IMHO.

Yes it kinda is there problem, and you should let them know we're using LESS CSS and the very latest javascript, jquery and AJAX.  We're no slouches on that point, and probably, we're far beyond their technology. 

They should be able to fix up a patch for you.

davekeys

Thanks, I'll be asking them to shore up their end of things.

davekeys

They provided a form. Works fabulously!

Rob

Wonderful!

• Similar Content

• Steve Kayser
      By Steve Kayser+
      having trouble with iBoxes changing size and not saving entered content. Originally when I drag them in and enable them they look perfect. the moment I update the content or image - they then downsize and center left. I have disabled almost every plugin -- Suggestions? Screenshot attached.

The first row of boxes is what it looks like when first dragged into the section. And what I want it tolook like.

The second row is that happens as soon as anything is edited or changed. See the difference. Can't figure it out for some reason.

Thanks folks!
    • BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/32275-iboxes-5-on-a-single-row/ I am having an issue that came from a previous solution on this post. I am working on http://freshjuiceglobal.com . @JamesB helped me figure out how to get them all on one row, which worked out perfectly. The only issue is the iboxes are no longer responsive. How can I fix this?

I apologize If i shouldn't have started a new thread. I just didn't know if you'd see it if the question had already been answered.
    • BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey guys,

I'm working on http://freshjuiceglobal.com . I am trying to figure out how i can format 5 icons on one row. When I switch from 3 to 2 columns it leaves awkward spacing. If I leave it on 3 it puts the 5th box on the row below. How can I format all 5 boxes on one row?

I don't have the 5th box live on the site until i figure this out. It's on my test site http://bumarketing.com though. Thank you!
    • sethoof
      By sethoof
      While trying o redo my iboxes after the update, I am finding that they will not accept images from the media library.  If they do save them, it will not show up on the refresh.  In the few examples where they have shown up on the refresh, if I put any more iboxes into the same set, the other iboxes lose their images.  Am I doing something wrong here or is the system still buggy?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I am having a problem with a site that we are developing using DMS. Part of the design features iBoxes which seem to work really well with what we are trying to achieve. The only hangup is that it is not easy to reorder the boxes in a custom order to to remove specific boxes. We are using them for a list of teachers and since they often rotate throughout the seasons it is imperative that we be able to easily add, move, or delete a teacher.

In the previous versions of Pagelines iBoxes were created in sets and individual boxes could easily be added or removed from a specific set. If anyone knows of a way to make this process easier in DMS please let me know. In case you would like to see an example of the page with iBoxes it is located here: http://flourishdesignstudio.biz/wordpress3/hanover/whoweare/

Thanks in advance for all your input!