Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scientistsofmedia

Pagelines Dashboard Sections

scientistsofmedia

I've attempted to install the new DMS on a couple of different servers. I can upload and activate but when I go into the PageLines dashboard, I do not have access to the "Account" section. No welcome, your account and support
tabs.

I found this "If you're having difficulty connecting to the PageLines activation service, you're most likely using a strict server environment or your server has fuctions disabled that are required in order to connect. If this is the case, please contact your web host provider for support."

Does anyone have more details on what might be required for the installation to work correctly? If I have a "strict server environment", what exactly should I ask my server provider?

James B

Hi there,

Go to the DMS control panel and click on the global tab, click on advanced then 'enable debug'. There's an option underneath to view your debug info, this should tell you information regarding your server setup. You can copy/paste the code here so we can take a look to see if there could be anything which could be affecting. 

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

scientistsofmedia

where is the Global tab located at?

batman

HI scientistsofmedia

Please, you can see the image

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202013-08-

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

scientistsofmedia

my DMS view looks nothing like yours.  almost as if the page is not loading correctly.

dms1.png

scientistsofmedia

here is a shot from within pagelines dashboard where none of the sub sections are showing up

dms-pagelinesdashboard.png

batman

Hi again

Please, you can see this

http://docs.pagelines.com/support-troubleshooting/diagnosing

If this don´t work

You can upload the theme via FTP

First, extract the zip file.

Next, connect via FTP and put it in the theme folder within it's own folder and not in any existing pagelines folder.

The right folder is

wp-content / themes / dms

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

scientistsofmedia

thanks for the diagnosing link.  a couple of updates.

I'm using the newest version of chrome. deactivated all my plugins. here is a copy of the debug info

WordPress Version : 3.5.2
Multisite Enabled : No
Current Role : Administrator
Framework Path : /home/virtualftp/16thst/htdocs/wp-content/themes/dms
Framework URI : http://wp.16thstreettheater.org/wp-content/themes/dms
Framework Version : 0.9.6
Framework Build : 0.9.6
PHP Version : 5.2
PHP Open basedir restriction : Yes!
PHP Magic Quotes gpc : Yes (bad)
PHP memory : 256
Mysql version : 5.0.45
Sections Plugin : Not Installed!
PHP type : Apache2handler
PHP User : Apache
Launchpad : Not logged in.

I've uploaded the php info file but no information is displayed.  followed directions but not sure why info is not displayed
http://wp.16thstreettheater.org/phpinfo.php

dms is installed in

wp-content / themes / dms

dms-server.png

anything else I should try?

Rob

It looks fine on Firefox here. 

I suspect you have a cache plugin that was holding the error in place.  Likely the cache was cleared automatically, implementing the uploads you did.

Its basic, but you're ready to roll.  If you're still seeing that problem, clear the cache of your browser.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

scientistsofmedia

interesting, when I am logged out, the template looks fine.  but when I am logged into the dashboard, the template does not load correctly - see above screenshot.

Rob

Okay, did you do the reinstall batman suggested?   Clearly something's corrupted and the only way to know if it's that or a plugin conflict is to reinstall DMS.

I'd suggest getting a new file from http://www.pagelines.com (fill out the forum after clicking the red button) and save to your computer. 

Unzip the file to your desktop.  You'll have a new folder named dms there.

FTP into the site. Navigate to wp-content/themes/ and delete the dms folder there. 

Let it complete.

Upload the dms folder from your desktop. No settings will be lost.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

scientistsofmedia

it ended up being server related after all.  I had my hosting company switch me to new server and the visual editor now loads correctly.

thanks pagelines for your assistance.

nfp1900

Actually that screenshot is also due to no page being selected in the Reading settings of WP.