Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markwphoto

Saving, publishing and template questions.

markwphoto

I am starting to get comfortable with DMS but I have a few questions about a few things. I don't know if these things are possible but if they're not perhaps it can be added as a future update.

When I'm working on a site often times I edit the page the way I like and go to the next page and work on that design without publishing just yet. When hitting the Publish option it only publishes the page I'm currently working on. Is there a way to publish all site changes at once vs just publishing the page that you're currently working on?

As for templates, I know you can set a template as a global default so any time you create a new page/post it will automatically apply that template. Is there a way to create a default template that can be applied to pages and a default template that will be automatically applied to posts? At the moment it looks like I have to set my template for each page that I create. I have the post pages set to the default global template. It would be nice to have a 1 default template that can be applied to pages and 1 that can be applied to post.

Thanks,

Mark W.

Rob

Mark,

You may use DMS to create a wide variety of templates to be used on pages, posts or other components, as needed. Some may have global elements (header, footer, for example), but others may hide even these global elements as you may desire. 

All the information you may need for templates is in our docs, but you may find this most helpful:  http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/using-templates

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur