Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sersanet

Remove pagelines icon and DMS link bottom right of page.

sersanet

Hello Pagelines People.

I am trying out the new DMS as i had already purchased the framework. A few things have come to mind. 

I am looking to remove the pagelines logo and DMS flyout on the bottom of the site.

Please could someone respond with how to remove this.

www.disenoideas.com/wp

many thanks

batman

Hi sersanet

Are you use the free version? (like me)

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

sersanet

Hello Batman

Yes i am trying the free version, as i paid for the paglines framework..

do you know how to remove the right bottom corner DMS logo flyout.

batman

Hi again

Yes, but I think that's all I PageLines required for the use of a free theme.

If you use a paid version you can remove it.

Anyway I like on my website.

:)

davidventernet

DMS claims to be open-source? True open-source shouldn't require a compulsory link-back on the "free" version. I don't get it?! There *must* be a way to remove it. Could Pagelines please comment on this?!

batman

Hi davidventernet

Could Pagelines please comment on this?!

I´m a user like you, but I suppose that I can give you my opinion.

The PL developper do it for you "free" and will spend endless hours making (and also supporting) these things. 
The exposure, hopefully, leads to paid this work. 
It's a simple courtesy to leave it and to acknowledge the person or organization that just saved you from having to make said application yourself. 
I feel it's just a matter of respect.
Regards
Carlos
PS: I hope you respect my opinion, so my previous reply to sersanet
;)

jamieg270

DMS claims to be open-source? True open-source shouldn't require a compulsory link-back on the "free" version. I don't get it?! There *must* be a way to remove it. Could Pagelines please comment on this?!

Hi @davidventernet

I'm not from Pagelines, I'm a developer who uses the Pagelines Framework V2 and DMS, and has Developer Licences with both. so take this as you will. 

When they say its open source they mean the source code is open source supplied as is (and that includes the credit code). Anyone can download the source code and modify/reuse and contribute to it or even fork it (I presume) etc. (correct me if I'm wrong Pagelines Mods!). I think your mistaking the meaning of 'open source', it simply means the source code is open for anyone to download use/modify/fork etc.

Why shouldn't Pagelines have the credit link in complex software that they have spent years to develop and then have very generously opened that source code up and supplied users with an entirely usable free version with a great deal of the functionality ready out of the box? Don't they deserve an unobtrusive credit for all their hard work and generosity?

Its actually relatively simple to remove if you have knowledge of HTML and CSS. However I personally wouldn't do so as I think it devalues the work the good people at Pagelines have done in producing this amazing system and making it open source plus supplying the free option, as well as being somewhat unethical (in my opinion off course). It would also mean what support you might get with the free version could be withdrawn by Pagelines. Why should they support someone who does not support them, even with an unobtrusive credit link?

To remove the credit and get support you can purchase one of the plans from Pagelines here: http://www.pagelines.com/pricing/

Sorry if that comes over as harsh, but these guys do a brilliant job and have produced great products that I really really value.

Danny
Hi, If you're using the free version which has been downloaded via GitHub, you're free to modify the code as you like and remove the credit link.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sersanet

Thanks to all for the bits and pieces about the footer link,

Came to a new conclusion, as i paid for the developer version of framework i will continue with that for all my clients work. then i do not have to try and remove any links..

i have removed the DMS free version.

Many thanks and case closed..

Rob

Excellent!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur