Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janetravis

DMS toolbar

janetravis

I have followed the instructions here:

http://docs.pagelines.com/getting-started/installation

andd installed dms DEV. Theme activated successfully, but cant find DMS toolbar anywhere!

All i see in backend is PAGELINES menu and in there DASHBOARD and DMS TOOLS.

Am i missing anything?

Thank you

navigador

I have followed the instructions here:

http://docs.pagelines.com/getting-started/installation

andd installed dms DEV. Theme activated successfully, but cant find DMS toolbar anywhere!

All i see in backend is PAGELINES menu and in there DASHBOARD and DMS TOOLS.

Am i missing anything?

Thank you

You are missing something. There is not much in the backend for DMS. You have to remain logged in to WP as admin and got to the frontend of your site. You can do this by "View Site" option in WP top menu or by opening a new tab or window for you site (it must be in CHROME browser). You will then see the DMS toolbar.

I hope that helps!

dhrose

I had a similar problem when I first loaded DMS... I noticed that when I logged in to wp-admin. Initially I had to go into (my) pages and click on preview for the dms edit bar to appear? But that was before I resolved some plugin issues in wp. Then dms started working fine. So I'd try doing what I did and see if the interface comes up... then try turning off plugins. I did sign up for the basic plan and paid $10. so I could log in and see if that made any difference. So that may be having an effect on my install but the basic is supposed to work for free.

Rob

Hi,

The thing that has me concerned is the statement: "and installed dms DEV".  Did you install a file called DMS-Dev.zip?  Or did you install a file called dms.zip?   We really don't have a different version for developer licenses.  The versions are modified by the license you have not by the installation.

While you may have followed the instructions, I'm not sure you've read the Docs thoroughly, which I strongly recommend.

To access the DMS tools, you login as admin in Chrome.  Then, view the site.  The tool bar will appear at the bottom half of your screen. Use with caution if you've not read the docs.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

janetravis

All fixed now. Thank you.

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jaydubs12

I'm also having this exact same problem. So when I first activate the theme on WordPress, I can open the site and begin editing, but when I close down everything, and reboot word press, and "visit the page" I can no longer edit it/see the editing bar at the bottom of the screen. Help?

Rob

@jaydubs12  Please open a new topic as this one's resolved and likely your issue isn't related to the solution presented here.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• clastennet
      By clastennet
      Hi,

I follwoed the instructions on your DOCS section to upgrade from basic Pagelines to DMS: I installed manually the downloaded DM theme; as I purchased (foolishly?) the personal DMS, I have received an activation key; but all I can see when I activate in WP 3.6 the DMS theme is a miserable Pagelines menu with "Dashboard" and "Tools" with basically nothing in it. No DMS toolbar can be seen. I read other topics on the same subject; it was suggested it's an issue with plugins but having them all deactivated doesn't make a difference. Then I read something I didn't really understand about the toolbar being seen on the front-end (the website itself if I understand) and not the back-end; I just basically want to know where I have to go to manage the design of the website. Thank you