Sign in to follow this  
atcdomainsolutions

Fixed Global NavBar bottom border...How to remove?

atcdomainsolutions+    63
atcdomainsolutions

Designing a site and I am using an all white background for the fixed global navbar and body.

Problem I'm running into is I don't want the "border" that appears at the bottom of the navbar. I'm assuming this is because it's "fixed" but would like to have no border/separation.

Anyone had success with playing with this yet?

I tried uploading a screenshot but keep getting an error.

I have tired border: none, etc but honestly, can't find the code or reference for what is causing that to show up.

Also, anyone need any custom css to make changes on things, I have started a nice cheat sheet of stuff I have found and started adding to a Word doc. Just makes it easier to change an element or ID when you have the name, etc...saves the searching through Firebug.

Thanks.

James

atcdomainsolutions

Think I finally found it!  Jumped the gun...changing this code removes it...after unchecking it in Firebird, it removed the bottom border. Haven't added it to my custom sheet yet but will do it later once I decide if I want it off for good since it looks a little better with it actually on...haha.

.navbar {

1. -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,.1), 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);

2. -moz-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,.1), 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);

3. box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,.1), 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);

4. color: rgba(255,255,255,0.7);

}

batman    389
batman

Hi

Please, you can try with

.navbar {  box-shadow: none;}
  • Like 1

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

atcdomainsolutions

That does seem a lot easier... Thanks!! Didn't even think of that!

James

batman    389
batman
James
Many times we need to take a break and a coffee, I think it was that...
;)
I go to take my coffee
Glad to help you
Carlos
  • Like 1

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

atcdomainsolutions
Haha... True bro!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I'm trying to make a visible border around the entirety of a client's site.  Example on some other site here:
      http://www.makeyourvisionreal.com/movement

So it is around the Title, Menu, and Content Area.  I'm having a bit of difficulty with this on pagelines, using the Framework theme. It's slightly more complex because the site has a "landing page" that doesn't need the border. Much like this homepage
      http://www.makeyourvisionreal.com/

Right now I'm using a content width of 80%, and fullscreen.  But maybe thats not the best way to do it.  

So, with the #site id, I can hit the whole area on most of the site, but I'm not sure how I can remove it for just one page.
      #site { border:1px solid #ccc; margin: 100px 5% 5% 50px; } anyone have any suggestions?  Maybe I need to go make a child template, not sure?  Thanks!
    • Grant Turck
      By Grant Turck+
      Navbar Broken on All Devices When Not Logged Into Wordpress. See screenshots attached from mobile. What is causing this issue and how do I fix? Site is venicepride [dot] org.

• PierreFF
      By PierreFF+
      Hello, 
      I have an issue with NavPro on mobile when the link of the menue is on the same page. 
      Here is my website: http://foundersofthefuture.co
      The isssue comes from the fact that in my menue most of the items send somewhere else on the same page using anchor link (eg. #container_u788888). 
      This works well on desktop but on mobile, nothing happens when clicking on the link. One of the link of the menue of the homepage "France" sends to another page of the website and this one works well even on mobile. 
      I am using the Pagelines framework theme and also used a wordpress plugin (jQuery Smooth Scroll) for smooth scrolling . 
      Thanks in advance for your help and let me know if I need to provide more information. 
      Best,
      Pierre
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I'd love to have some social media buttons in my navbar like my online-shop has!
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Can someone explain me how to create them? I tried a lot but don't know how to realize them...
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hi guys. Just now trying out Platform 5. I like the reletive simplcity of the new interface but there are things I'm used to in DMS that I'm not seeing yet in 5. Is there a good manual, documentation, video series about some of the basics?
      In particular, I've got a simple navigation menu, created the standard way in WP menus section with several top level parents, then 3-4 children menu items below a couple parent items. Have them moved to the right to create the standard parent-child relationship but all I see on the page is the parent level items - no dropdown!. So I changed themes from Platform5 to the standard 2015 default theme and now I see absolutely no menu at top, except for the mobile (hamburger?) icon.
      In DMS, one had Navi and Navbar, etc sections and each would work differently and give different results. How do you work the menu system in 5? And how get different results ?
      thanks