zferrell

How to Find Stuff Now

zferrell

The Pagelines site was difficult before, but it has become, for me, almost impossible now. I am not a genius, but I am not an idiot, either. It's beyond my understanding how a company that makes such a good product, can have such a lousy website. 

1. If, by chance, a person might, somehow, obviously and admittedly of lesser mental capability, not quite be as enamored with DMS as the person should obviously be,  is it possible to still purchase Pagelines Framework, or did this product disappear overnight?

2. If it is possible to purchase Pagelines Framework, where can it be purchased on this site? And how much does it cost? 

3.If a person has already purchased Pagelines Framework, and elected to pay and is paying the monthly Support Subscription, where could that person find the Support for which the person is paying the monthly subscription?

4. Why is that a company that makes a product that presents itself as being marketed to and for non-programmers always sound as if it is talking to an inner circle of advanced programmers? 

I'll stop now. But I am losing a lot of confidence in Pagelines as being an appropriate product, and especially a company that is concerned about its target market, which I thought I represented. Clearly Pagelines is more concerned about talking to and impressing a core of extremely capable programmers, than it is about talking to and impressing the people it says its products are designed for.

greenfly

Hello Zferrell 

1 & 2 You can get Framework from https://github.com/pagelines - if you have an account you will be able to sign in from the Dashboard once the API servers have been reinstated this week. 

3 Your support consists of the forum here, you can email us regarding account related issues on hello@pagelines.com. Once the API server is reinstated you will have access to the Live Chat support as previously. You can also find the documentation for Framework here http://support.pagelines.me/docs/ and DMS here http://docs.pagelines.com/

4 not sure what you mean by this. Sorry if you feel there is an inner circle you ar enot part of but i can assure you this isn't the case. If you are unsure about something just ask. If you don't want to do it on the forum you can email us. All technical things though should go through the forum. 

We are here to make your life easier and will do everything we can to help you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

zferrell

Thank you for your response. I'm glad to know it wasn't completely my stupidity. Evidently you're having some problems with the site, and that's why there are so many 404 notifications. It's always been difficult to find anything on this site. I can never tell whether I'm logged in or not, and it seems every time I look for something I get logged out. And had to change my password just to use the forum. 

I have enough to do trying to manage my businesses. It's not my place to tell you how you come across to your target market. I've only been using Pagelines Framework for a little over a month. I've been able to build several acceptable sites. I can't do a lot in terms of design without programming CSS. However, I gave up on trying to use the Pagelines site. It's too difficult to navigate, and I don't think I ought to have to spend hours trying to find where something is. 

When I did want to visit the site again, I felt like I was punched in the face with DMS. I am very compliant person so I watched the video. The spokesman very quickly said "we all know the problem with themes." Hmmmn, I said to myself. I thought Pagelines Framerword was a theme. And it looks like DMS is a theme also. Clearly I don't know what this person is talking about. He's not talking to me, he's talking to people who "all know the problems with themes." 

I use a lot of Techsmith products, and have for some time. If you want to see the difference in approach, and the difference in how a site for a technical product can be done, and how documentation and tutorials can be presented, you guys might want to look at it as an example of how a website can be done well.

The fact that you said "4 not sure what you mean by this" IS the problem. But it's not my problem, it's your problem.

Thanks again for the information. It's a shame I have to go to Tech forum to find it.

Rob

Actually, you seem to have some pre-set misunderstandings of things. 

I thought Pagelines Framerword was a theme. And it looks like DMS is a theme also.

Throughout our documentation, the blog and everything else, including the name Framework, we've made it clear that Framework was not a theme.  To clarify, a theme is a static thing.  You get a template, which you may adjust, but that's it. There may be several in a theme, but you can't do things like drag & drop, turn on or off any sections you please, or adjust things dynamically, as you can with Framework.  So, clearly, you're starting from a pre-set misconception that needed clarification.

DMS takes the concept of a Framework to the next level, making it much more of a graphic interface.  Evidently, while you listened to the video's you didn't read much about it, even though we blogged,  were interviewed in several publications and communicated by email with everyone.  We can't force you to read things, but most certainly we shouldn't receive complaints if someone didn't read what we offered.

DMS is not a theme.  It is the latest and most important change in the way sites will be developed in future, pretty much making themes obsolete.  Someone can perceive those videos as talking to developers, but they're really not.  And developers ask us "when are you going to speak to me?" 

In fact, you may build a website right out of the box, without any complex customizations with DMS.  If you want to customize, you certainly may do so.

I won't engage in a debate about Techsmith other brands, but will politely point out that this is a support forum and is limited to technical support. It is not intended for comparison shopping evaluations or complaints.  Your question No. 4 is, I'm sorry to say, completely out of line with the purpose of this forum, so I'll resolve this topic. If you have any complaints or concerns about our videos, business methodologies, communications or marketing, I'd urge you to write to hello@pagelines.com.

Thanks for your understanding and this opportunity to clarify some of your misconceptions.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur